To All 7800gtx Owners!!!

HITandRUN

Hey guys,

Since I’m planning to buy one 7800gtx vid. card I would like to know what the max. stabile overclock’s are! Please share you information and experience with me and help me buy! Thanks!

Hey guys,

Since I’m planning to buy one 7800gtx vid. card I would like to know what the max. stabile overclock’s are! Please share you information and experience with me and help me buy! Thanks!

Your 2 6800gt's are good enough and will be good enough until dx10 comes out.

Plus 2 6800gt's will out perform 1 7800gtx or be just as good.

Me? I have a good excuse to upgrade :nod:

actually arent 2x6800gt just under 1x7800gtx but neway really i see no need to upgrade especially with new things arounf the corner

agreed, the only reason I went for SLI, was since I was in queue for the EVGA step up alternative..was cheaper, so i went for it. I would wait for the newer cards to come out...but by no means is 2x6800gt's bad performance ...

pb,out.

im constantly changing my bios and my clocks.....usually clocked around 505/1340 though....

i would wait if i were you.....save ur money and skip the 7 series and wait for the dx10 8 series cards....should be out by the end of the yr

XFX 7800GTX 256MB

DangerDen 7800 waterblock + dual-radiator = 535/1511 max so far, daily use I leave it at 505/1350 (about what Ace's will do)

I've seen a few really choice 7800GTX gpu chips hit 600 on water so I suppose my 'originally 450Mhz' core is doing really god at 535, and about 510 on air/stock cooler. The memory with this block clocks nicely, but I have to use the blue Zalman BGA sinks on the backside 4 BGA memory chips.

If this were a 7800GT where the BGA memory is on the front side of the card only...it would be a much better clocker (assuming they used the same memory as the GTX, which they don't so its sorta confusing unless you really ah what the hell no one is reading this far anyway hehe)

Hey Angry I always read every post all the way to the end. ;-) There are too many people they don't and than half down the road ask questions that has bee already answered days ago! LOL

TO ALL!!! Thanks for your thoughts about it.

The reason of the thread is following. I’m trying to compare a standard 7800gtx to a 7800gtx 512 mb and the monster overclock series (610 and 1800) I was interested to see how much somebody with a good cooling can do!

Once again thanks to you all! :D

i picked up a pair of the cheapest gtx cards (worked out les than the gt i was gonna get) and they have the 512 cooler on them. one of them will do 537/1320 and the other will do 526/1315. together they seem to like the 505/1300 best. no idea why.

i run mine at 500 usually, it ran at 535 but not for long on a full load, screen started flashing with alot of artifacts. I do not recommend trying to do above 525 on stock. although the thing can run F.E.A.R. no problem on Max stock. its not really necessary to go above 510 imo. Although i am picking up a new water cooling system in the near future and thinking about getting th NV78 from DD. But i still wanna get the storm for my cpu.