Sign in to follow this  
Retell

Need Help Using PCI Video Card

I am currently saving up to run 2x 1900xt's on my system, but in the mean time I am stuck with the only PCI video card in the house... A 4 year old Nvidia TNT 64mb :rolleyes: . It looks like the default for the mobo is PCI-E, so I need step by step instructions to set it as PCI with out a monitor. I have already tried 5 times with my manuals help, but it did not appear to work.

Any help is appreciated

Retell :cool:

Looking at page "104" in the .pdf full manual on the CD or downloadable from DFI website; you will see where to use INIT first for Display and choose PCI of course.

My guess is you need to turn off ALL un-needed items in bios in order for a Windows installation to leave an IrQ open for that PCI video card. There are serial ports you will not use. IrD is seldom used and Lan you will not use and all of that to give the PCI video card a fighting chance for a good IrQ to work with. And you may have to try different PCI slot to find one that will work well without conflict.

RGone...

OMG, tnx you so much :nod: For a while I was thinking would have to wait till I bought my x1900xt or have to borrow a friends PCI-e to change the setting, I will try that the second I get home. It should only be a few weeks till I get my new card, I should be getting a new web design job :)

That's weird... should work. Are you sure it's even ticking over into bios? maybe if it looks for the primary display that isn't there... it doesn't try and boot?

Can't imagine it'd help... but tried booting up whilst holding down insert? Not entirely sure what that does to be honest... but I had to keep doing it when mine was playing up.

I also forgot to mention that I cannot turn my PC off. The only way is to pull the power out :(, this could be due to the fact that my PSU is faulty... another problem being delt with. I am either going to try and borrow a PCIE vid card or buy an x300 for like $30.

My diagnostics shot it is on start up, and when I turn my pc on my corsair shows the yellow light in the middle then goes away.

Well I replaced my PSU, I should be getting my temp x1600 soon, but I still do not see why it will not run on a PCI video card. I tried following the hard CMOS clear, and it wasn't beeping. No matter which way the jumper is set, I cannot get it to beep.

Current Status:

Turns on, not off

4 debug lights

Still no video, because the PCI video card isnt working

Can't turn num lock on, but keyboard lights flash when turned on.