Need Help with Ram Slots?

I have some OCZ Value ram 2x512 that i'm trying to use in a new build, i have also used a set of 2x512 of OCZ Ehanced Lactency Ram and get the same problem. I am a first time DFI board user if that says any thing i guess but my qusetion is that when i try slots 1&3 or 2&4 vise versa it tells me that i need to switch them to use dual channle. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh forgot to mention that it works great with one stick of 512. Cloud it be the ram?

I have some OCZ Value ram 2x512 that i'm trying to use in a new build, i have also used a set of 2x512 of OCZ Ehanced Lactency Ram and get the same problem. I am a first time DFI board user if that says any thing i guess but my qusetion is that when i try slots 1&2 or 3&4 vise versa it tells me that i need to switch them to use dual channle. Any help would be appreciated.

That's because you need to use use slots 1&3 and/or 2&4 for dual channel operation. Each "pair" of sticks should be in the same color slot.

yes those are the slots i'm using..sorry for the miscommunication.

If your memory is in the same color slots and your board is booting and POST'ing correctly, it should be in Dual Channel. Can you explain the problem a bit more?

Flash to the 623-3.bin bios from DFI download site and you will not see that message again. And then put the memory in the Orange slots anyway.

RGone...

I have some OCZ Value ram 2x512 that i'm trying to use in a new build, i have also used a set of 2x512 of OCZ Ehanced Lactency Ram and get the same problem. I am a first time DFI board user if that says any thing i guess but my qusetion is that when i try slots 1&3 or 2&4 vise versa it tells me that i need to switch them to use dual channle. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh forgot to mention that it works great with one stick of 512. Cloud it be the ram?

These are the only Versions they have listed any where near what you rcomended.

N4D623-3.zip & N4D623-3.exe

And to be more clear when the pc gos to boot up i get a screen where it says Warning to use ram in Dual channle you need to put ram in slots 2&4..when i do so i get the same message.