My Aurora watercooled rig pic's

lowboy

Have had couple of members ask me to post pic's of how my water cooling is setup in Gigabyte Aurora case so here ya go. The radiator BIXII has 4x120mm fans in push /pull config.Has custom 1" shrouds on front and back of radiator. Front of case has 1x120mm fan and side panel has 2x120mm fans. Also 1x120mm fan above memory and pwmic. All fans on controller. All wiring sleaved. Custom Storm WB brkt. Low profile actal maze GPU WB and Laing D5 pump. So Heres the pic's:

Have had couple of members ask me to post pic's of how my water cooling is setup in Gigabyte Aurora case so here ya go. The radiator BIXII has 4x120mm fans in push /pull config.Has custom 1" shrouds on front and back of radiator. Front of case has 1x120mm fan and side panel has 2x120mm fans. Also 1x120mm fan above memory and pwmic. All fans on controller. All wiring sleaved. Custom Storm WB brkt. Low profile actal maze GPU WB and Laing D5 pump. So Heres the pic's:

Hi Lowboy!,

Your rig is interesting and is a very good assemblage! Congratulations!

As i'm on water with a modded out of production Koolance system, i'm interested in temperatures...Could you post some tests results with idle, load and of course the ambient temperature?!?!

Thanks in advance! ;)

Coool! Is that long vertical tube for fill ups ?

I always wondered what the hell was that T line fill up thing like. You just put water in it and thats all?

I have the swiftech no-reservoir U turn valves thing (modified for less restriction/no 90º turns), and it was really dificult to remove the air bubbles, specially since the BIX2 radiator is nasty about keeping bubbles in the vertical position. After 3 attempts to remove the bubbles normally I took the BIX2 out from where it is hold and moving it around to horizontal position took care of the problem. Temperatures are 2º C lower now, so it had lots of air... arghhh :mad:

Maybe I will use a T connector and fill port like yours on my other system.

Lookin good! What coolant are you using, is that a Pentosin mixture? Blue looks so much beter than the pond scum green of HydrX...

Nice that the Aurora has the twin fans in the back so you don't have to use a radbox, doesn't look quite as awkward as my PA120.3 shrouded one does.

-pickles

Union flip:For draining I just break the connection at radiator and drain.

Extrapickles:coolant pc ice(blue) w/extra blue uv dye.

Realslag:

22c amb 1.58vdimm

Idle: cpu/28c gpu/39c Full load dual prime:cpu/40c 3dmark05:gpu/45c

• 3 months later...

Nice jobe lowboy~! I'm using that case as well and i am really interested seing someone do modding on that case .. btw how did u mount the dual 12cm fans at the side panel? i need to cool down my SLI card but wonder if the fan will be blocked by my gigabyte 3d galaxy wc tubes that go through the wc holes :D