Temp Sensors Gone Bad?

My temp sensors are suddenly showing -99c in Speedfan, and -128c in BIOS. I've rebooted a number of times, but I'm not sure what to do. It doesn't seem safe that I don't know my temp while running my computer. I'm running TonyOCZ's latest BIOS.

Reflash to official DFI 623-3.bin bios and clear cmos as below and retest temps.

Here is the 'official' DFI way of clearing the CMOS:

1. pull power *A/C Power from wall outlet*.

2. pull battery

3. clear cmos jumper to pins 2 and 3 for minimum of 30-60 seconds *For Real troublesome systems use 8 hours*.

4. replace battery

5. replace cmos jumper to normal position pins 1 and 2.

6. replace power *A/C Power from wall outlet*.

7. boot to bios and load optimized defaults

8. save and exit

9. boot back to bios and now you can change settings to your liking. *Is what we are trying to get to*.

The above is especially true after some unknown boot failure and after a bios flash or major component change which is the same as you have when first assembling a computer.

RGone...

Thanks RGone, but a little update. I tried to shut down the computer. There was nothing on the monitor, but all the fans were still running. I hit the PSU switch, because it wouldn't turned on. So I hit the switch again, booted up, and everything is fine. Is this a PSU problem, or still a mobo problem?

Ultra X-Finity 500w

Probably the number one headache causing power supply going on 12 months of these boards out in the retail market. I don't think gawd himself knows how many problems for users cleared up when they replaced that supply. Just no telling. Not to mention the users in here over just the last few months that have actually been kind enough to report how much further their rigs would clock when they changed a working power supply to one heavy duty one from the "A" list. That one fact right there leaves me always errorring on the side of a good power supply not one that just has numbers.

And the one other thing I can think of is having put the rig to sleep/hibernate or any type 'rest' instead of shut-down can make the readings go wonkers. About it man as I understand months of dealing with users and the boards. Heck just run it until it does it again and know that you are likely needing an upgrade.

RGone...