Cooling the pwm IC (I've searched)

GuOD

Hey everyone,

I'm not as crafty as some of you other people so I can't exactly mount fans in random places or change the shape of heatsinks etc so I was wondering what exactly I can do to cool my PWM IC (it idles at about 55-60c).

I've seen two answers about where the pwm ic is.. The first one is all the way at the end of the board past the ram, and the other one is shown here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=35469&d=1123436510

Now, I don't really have any place to mount a fan.. and I like having a quiet computer so my panaflo/xp-90 combo goes slowly when idle and doesnt blow on it much. I was wondering if JUST putting a little heatsink on it would help? And if so, how would I get one that shape?

I will probably sound like an idiot here, but aren't the PWM the part of the motherboard that control voltage to the processor. I have always thought it is those heatsink-mounted chips to the left in the picture above. But then again I have no idea really.

I guess it should be in the manual if anywhere.

Guest thespin
I have always thought it is those heatsink-mounted chips to the left in the picture above.
The heatsinks you indicate are the ones that need cool air to get the PWMIC temps down ...

Oh wow, those three silver heatsink things weren't the 2nd possible piece I was thinking of hehe.

So, how on earth do I get those pieces cooler? My fan is only 92mm so it doesn't really reach them.. I guess an si-120 w/ 120mm fan could but I don't want to go spend another ton of money