Sign in to follow this  
Vista

NF4 Ultra-D, one year later, yay!

I haven't posted much lately in this forum, because my DFI NF4 Ultra-D rig has just been rocking! After the shake-down cruise almost a year ago I've been using my DFI rig 24/7 for gaming and work. I never power down the system except for long-term power outages or when I'm out of town for more than a few days, so this system has been up about 300 days total so far non-stop. I've been very happy with my DFI-based system so far; it still outperforms anything I could build a year later for a similar price with no upgrades needed. So far, I've only canned-air blasted the system twice and cleaned the NB fan blades using 99% isopropyl alcohol last week.

Re: the NB fan: the only problems I've had over the past 11 months is the DFI NB Fan started to buzz at about 3600 rpm, and really rattled at full speed (about 7300 rpm). I strive to pump constant streams of nicotine and tar directly into my DFI fans, but after removing the nicotine deposits on the NB fan blades using a Q-tip and isopropyl, the noise is back to factory default levels.

Just to show not everyone has problems with DFI, this is the fastest, most stable box yet!

-- Vista