*PICS* My Finished Case! (Dremel, Solder, Sleeved and more!)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those little slits in the case to let the air in to the fan look really restrictive. Not only are they making the fan MUCH louder, they probably don't allow for enough air to get into the case either. For such a big looking case it sure looks cramped.

Guest Dynamic

Looks GREAT! I like the way you made the vents for that modified 120mm, morelikely you're getting enough air through them, i'm sure. I'll have to post my case sooner or later. Not a great design compared to yours, but who cares right? Take it easy....

Thanks a lot man :rolleyes: I happened to see this case in my local computer store and had to pick it up. Goodbye LianLi. I should never look at other peoples toys :cool:

Great looking rig. What sort of cooling are you running? It looks like you're on air as I am. The next thing I want to do is move to a water cooled system.

I actually was looking at pictures of your rig earlier to see where you mounted your temp sensors. I just installed a hardcano fan controller and an enermax multifunctional panel for a total of 6 temp sensors and fan controllers.

I noticed that you placed one beside the CPU, and one on the HDD, and I am not sure of where you placed any others. I placed one of mine on the upper side of the IHS on the CPU (making sure that it was not in the way of the heat sink), one right next to the core of the NVidia chipset under the heat sink( I removed the stock fan and replaced it with a Evercool VC-RE), one on the PWMIC area, one on the inner side of one of my RAM sticks, one on the Raptor HDD, and one on the backside of my lower video card.

So far I noticed that the BIOS is fairly accurate in reporting temps. The chipset temp is about 3 degrees warmer than reported in the BIOS and the CPU temp is almost exactly correct.

You mentioned that you are running all of your fans through the mobo - I originally was going to do that too but ended up only running the CPU and chipset fan through it. the rest are powered straight from the PSU.

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of my build as my camera crapped out on me.

Anyway, I just thought that I'd mention that you have done a great job!

what a load of BS. plenty of air comes in and it's a very quiet case. I own it myself as you can see.

Those little slits in the case to let the air in to the fan look really restrictive. Not only are they making the fan MUCH louder, they probably don't allow for enough air to get into the case either. For such a big looking case it sure looks cramped.

modified what vent? that's the way that case is by default. What he did is tydi up the cable mess en connect the fans to the mobo instead of directly to the psu.

Looks GREAT! I like the way you made the vents for that modified 120mm, morelikely you're getting enough air through them, i'm sure. I'll have to post my case sooner or later. Not a great design compared to yours, but who cares right? Take it easy....