? on bios temp and mbm5

When idling on the PC Health Status page in bios, my temp's are reported as 33,34,45 and cpu is listed as cpu core temperature. When in MBM5 my temps are reported as 28,34,45. As you can see, pwmic and chipset both report the same and cpu is 5 degrees lower in mbm5. My question, "Does anyone know if bios, which is listed as cpu core temp is reporting from a sensor on the chip, and mbm5 is reporting from a more external sensor for cpu temps?" I'm just trying to figure out the discrepancy and whether I should offset it in mbm5. Thanks

cant answer your question, but I use smart guardian and my cpu temp reports about 3 degrees lower than the bios does. with pwmic and chipset reporting the same

another thing, I have the same video card as you, you have a typo in your sig, your GPU should be at 470/1200 not 570/1200.... just being anal-retentive :)

I believe there is a sensor on the CPU, which is translated by the ITE chip. But, please please understand that those sensors are useless, and won't provide you with an accurate temperature like a REAL probe can. So, ignore everything that it's told you. Also, bios is read from the same chip...so, again, it's useless.