Dual core temps

case

Is there a temperature monitering program that shows the temperature of either core? i.e a temp for cpu0 and cpu1

Is there a temperature monitering program that shows the temperature of either core? i.e a temp for cpu0 and cpu1

Depends on how many temperature diodes there are. All temperature monitoring software reads the temps from each diode.

I'm guessing you are talking about a dual core cpu which uses one socket, thus one diode and one temperature.

If it was actually a dual socket mobo, then there would be 2 diodes, one for each socket.

If that is the case how does sandra get a temp for both cores?

Again, sandra would show two different temps if each core has a separate diode. (Multi socket systems)

If it is a dual core cpu, those temps would be the same.

excuse my stupidity, i have looked (probably not hard enough). which test in sandra displays the temp of both cores?

I realise it probably wont tell me anything useful im just curious :)

Hi

I have (or should that be had - see poll ) a dual core and when i ran sisandra on my SLI-DR I was getting 2 different temp readings for each core, after a certain voltage 1.45 in my instance the temp difference between the two cores started to increase dramtically.

1.425v - same temp for both cores

1.45v - same temps for both cores +/- a degree or 2

1.475 v- a temp difference of 3 - 4 degrees

1.5v - a temp difference of 5-7 degrees

so it must be able to read both core temps in order to get the difference between the two, it was using this that made me decide what my max voltage I wanted to use rather than anything else.

it appears under stress testing - cpu only (from my rather poor memory) as I have yet to get sisandra to work on my expert, in fact still trying to gte my expert to even boot but another story for another thread