3.0 Ghz ? Almost there

Hi - 2 days ago I have finally started working on my o/c - right now im in the process of finding the max of my cpu - so far I have successfuly ran super pi, occt and prime at the following settings

270 * 11 = 2970mhz @ 1.48vcore

The temps under load are 36-37c which I think is a very good temp.

...assuming that my memory (look at the sig.) can keep up with the cpu I will have one hell of an o/c ;)

Comments !? Advice !?

*I could probably push it 2-3 more mhz to get to the 3.0ghz limit...I have to test that though - my goal is to stabilize at these speeds first

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I have ran prime for 2 nights straight - 9 hours each night and no errors/freezes - seems very stable - but remember ! this is me running a 1/02 divider on the memory, just to see how far I can push my fsb - I do, however, if possible, plan to run it on 1:1 (....my goal) - i dont know how possible this will be, but ill check it out - HTT i run is 4 (...ill have to check on that when i come back home from school)

I will, tonight, try and find the max of my memory and finalize my o/c - ...ill update this thread as I go along

I havent tried going higher than 270, but I am sure that with 1.48vcore I will be able to get more performance out of it - I have currently just settled at 270 so that I can get a stable o/c without trying any more......I will try to go higher once i stabilize it completely at 3.0

Today is the day when i start tweaking my ram/timings and such.....the cpu itself has been extensively tested for 3 days now and has been proven to be stable at 270*11 = 2970mhz ... wohooooo !!!!! - load temps reach 39c - i believe there is room for more overclock but i won't bother with it now - i have to deal with my ram now ;)