Sign in to follow this  
barrettward

If it ain't broke don't fix it - wrong - AMD X2 Driver

Awhile back I asked wheather or not I should install the X2 driver and the hotfix. I stated my system was stable and all was working well. BF2 played fine and Need for Speed most wanted played great as well.

I was prime stable and all was good.

I installed the driver and hotfix anyway.

HOLY CRAP what a difference. Everything is much smoother in games, jumps and lag that were barely precivable or so I thought - once gone proved to be a HUGE imporvement.

In Need for speed most wanted, my times on a particular race dropped by 15s a 2min 30s race that I could just hardly win became a 2min 15sec race that is so much more contrallable and extremly smooth.

So the point of my thread is this:

Even if you don't believe that you need the X2 driver or the hot fix

TRY THEM BOTH - what a difference, I thought my computer was silky smooth before, now it's a dream.

DO IT DO IT.

This is the best impovment to my comp since overclocking.

I was amazed.

Not to mention my 3dMrak05 score impoved 400 points. Time to update my sig.

Barrett

hmmm.. When I first got my x2 I installed the driver and hotfix right away even though things seemed ok.. I formatted since then and havent reinstalled them..

Maybe Ill run some before and after benchies to see if there is any differences.,

Maybe Ill run some before and after benchies to see if there is any differences.,

Too much work...

I'm running without them, only thing I don't like is the scrolling problem in mozilla, which setting the affinity works for.

hmmm.. When I first got my x2 I installed the driver and hotfix right away even though things seemed ok.. I formatted since then and havent reinstalled them..

Please do cos I'm not believin a word of it unless you tell me it's so...

-pickles

sounds like you just talked your self into doing some tests :). I would love to see some before and afters.

I have to agree, the patch and driver made a big difference. I was getting a really bad stuttering problem in Need For Speed Most Wanted. Angry pointed me in the right direction for a hotfix. I originally had an single core, but switched to dual. After applying the patch and driver, everything runs much smoother. The stuttering isn't completely gone in NFSMW, but its a huge improvement.

The thing that makes me scratch my head is, I was running fraps to check fps for the stuttering problem, they didn't appear to drop. It's almost like the game had skipped frames, but kept a constant rate.