Sign in to follow this  
ragdoll

I hate this mobo

Ok ever since ive had this mother board things have begun to downgrade and become slower, windows takes about 20-30 seconds on the plash screen and it wont shut down or restart...i know this could be windows corrupted..but the first time i loaded windows up everything was fine then when i load the bios and drivers for the mobo...windows loads slow as molasses i can only beleive that this is the mobo causing these crappy load times...

tried a fresh Windows install? kicking it? disconnect external drives, usb devices, etc? - I've seen conneted ipods slow down boot times to a crawl.

how come the sig police have not attacked yet? lucky bas$#@

well i run an anti-virus program regularly(ad-aware) and i havnt tried defraggin maybe i will...i dont want to install windows again bc i have a few programs that i dont wanna loose...

Um, is adaware antiviral software now? Last I checked it just got spybots, you might want to download avast or something if you don't have true antivirus software...

Edit: Just a few other notes, is that just a 1GB stickk you have in there or 2x512? That power supply might be straining a bit with that board. It's probably okay since the rest of your system isn't all that power hungry, but its a thought especially since there were some Antecs that just weren't running well anyways. I doubt its the cause of your problems, I'm still leaning towards a defrag and antivirus, but its a thought.

yes i know but its really getting on my nerves now when i open images from the desktop it takes way longer than usual but i can open images in a folder thats on the desktop and they open very quickly..