Sign in to follow this  
Alex**

Calling Expert Owners ONLY

1. What rev do you have?

Not sure right off hand, was one of the first batches out in the US.

2. Do you have a psu that keeps a fan running after shutdown?

Nopers, not a feature of my PSU.

3. What PSU?

OCZ PS 600w

4. Do you have the following issue?

if you go

1. Choose Start, then select Shut Down.

2. From the pull-down menu, select "Shut Down".

3. Click OK.

and then i leave it 30 sec to 1 min and press the power button once to turn the pc back on, it fires up shows me 4 leds then 3 leds then 4 again and turns off.

or does your pc restart with no issue?

No issues to report. Just below average temps. I will be posting more about this tonight.

1. What rev do you have?

Haven't check it out. It must be recent. I've got it a month before Christmas

No. I power it off anyway.

3. What PSU?

Enermax Liberty 620W

4. Do you have the following issue? or does your pc restart with no issue?

No. I haven't got any problem so far.

Can a mod delete this thread or close it as it has no further use

Well Id like to know a solution to this problem because besides the CPU temp sensor problem this is my only real issue right now.

1. What rev do you have? I dont know. I cant see it anywhere. Where is it on the board?

2. Do you have a psu that keeps a fan running after shutdown? Yes

3. What PSU? Hiper Type-R 580

4. Do you have the following issue? Well its never warm booted/restarted anyway! Always cold boots though so I just power down and power up again. Not a major problem really.

Ok so I guess the whole thread is a little OT but what the heck. As another Hiper observation, I have a blue PSU which means the fans have 4 blue LEDS on them ..........Gimmicky ?...............Oh Yes! Anyway these leds stay on with the fan after the PC has shut down but Ive noticed that even after the fan has shut off the LEDS continue to flicker just slightly so Ive started to power it off completely from the mains .(dont want to be ruining the "prettys" now do I) :nod: Does Anyone else find the same thing ?

hey guys just an update

i was given some testing to do for my specific hardware and problem with the suspicion that another component may have been at fault.

i tried all the tests and it made no difference the system would not reboot from shutdown at any point in the over 80 cycles i tried.

the final step was to replace the memory and cpu to see if either had an issue, i was convinced this was not the case butt i only got all my kit a week or so ago and the problem existed fom first install, but i replaced them anyway with a A64 3000 and some 3200 ram and i still have the issue.

i have eliminated every single component save the board so the upshot is i have asked dfi to let me know how to go about rma'ing the board.

the mods on here and the dfi tech help from bulldog has been fantastic as u can see ive given up trying with this board its all packaged up and ready for return.

rest assured i will be keeping the working replcement and this has not put me off dfi if anything it has guarenteed them a customer as the support from the forum and company has been great so far.

1. What rev do you have?

RAA0

Yes

3. What PSU?

Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R 580W

Oh Yes.

I had the same problem a while ago. Don't remember exactly when but it was quite annoying when i went to bed and the pc suddenly booted up again.

hey guys just an update

i was given some testing to do for my specific hardware and problem with the suspicion that another component may have been at fault.

i tried all the tests and it made no difference the system would not reboot from shutdown at any point in the over 80 cycles i tried.

the final step was to replace the memory and cpu to see if either had an issue, i was convinced this was not the case butt i only got all my kit a week or so ago and the problem existed fom first install, but i replaced them anyway with a A64 3000 and some 3200 ram and i still have the issue.

i have eliminated every single component save the board so the upshot is i have asked dfi to let me know how to go about rma'ing the board.

the mods on here and the dfi tech help from bulldog has been fantastic as u can see ive given up trying with this board its all packaged up and ready for return.

rest assured i will be keeping the working replcement and this has not put me off dfi if anything it has guarenteed them a customer as the support from the forum and company has been great so far.

good good...once you have eliminated all other possible problem pieces, it sounds like the motherboard is the faulty component so lets RMA it and eliminate, or verify it as the problem component.

If you get a replacement and it has the same problems, we'll have to delve further into the issue to see if there is a problem that we just haven't recognized yet.

exactly its the only way to do it, i really cant stand it when in see threads saying my this or my that is crap it blown this or that and when u read it its not been investigated just assumed.

plus if i had just rma'd the board and it turned out it was the cpu thjen ive wasted more time and money for being lazy

Then get her did man so we can see what the result is for you and yours. When I see one of these come to tech in US; I just have them rma and so far none have come back with the same issue that I 'can' determine. You got to start somewhere.

I have had 2 early 'experts' that showed no sign of cold boot to me. I got a later Rev and it started out to act a cold-booty fool with me. Did so for about 3 days and then I put SLI setup on and loaded the rails on p/s some and now it boots "every" freeken time. Of course I got bios sussed out as well during the 3 days and all I can do now is to revert back to one video card and unload the p/s rails and see if all is still good as gold. If it is > forken shett > I have no clue.

So get the rma and let us all see if your situation is changed.

RGone...

i dont know what else i can do

1. What rev do you have?

A02

Yes

3. What PSU?

Hyper Type-T 580watt jobbie.

Nope

Cheers,

Sam C

@rgone

ill get it sent off asap

pc is in bits its depressing need to get her running. unlike most of u guys i only have one rig