Sign in to follow this  
Alex**

Calling Expert Owners ONLY

1. What rev do you have?

A02

2. Do you have a psu that keeps a fan running after shutdown?

No

3. What PSU?

Still troubleshooting a couple of things, so I am running either OCZ Powerstream 600w ADJ600SLI or Seasonic S12 600w

4. Do you have the following issue? or does your pc restart with no issue?

No, my issue is different.

thanks Ladies and Gents

You welcome. :D

1. What rev do you have?

dunno,I know it's a very early revision though.

no

3. What PSU?

PC Power and cooling 850W

4. Do you have the following issue?

if you go

1. Choose Start, then select Shut Down.

2. From the pull-down menu, select "Shut Down".

3. Click OK.

and then i leave it 30 sec to 1 min and press the power button once to turn the pc back on, it fires up shows me 4 leds then 3 leds then 4 again and turns off.

or does your pc restart with no issue?

NO issues here

1. What rev do you have?

RAA0

yes

3. What PSU?

Enermax Noisetaker 600W part # EG701AX-VE(W) SFMA(24P)

4. Do you have the following issue?

not sure yet, motherboard will not boot

Guest Bulldog

@Alex

It is normal that Hiper-X PSU fans run a while after you power down the system. It is an extra feature incorporated into their design so as to exhaust any residual heat. I am aware that you have contacted Hiper-X, but I would ask that you cease that line of questioning with them as this issue does not concern the Power Supply. I use a Hiper-X 580 modular here myself and I can assure you that it is not the source of the problem.

sometimes?

are those times per chance when the psu fan is still running after shutdown?

the psu fan is always running everytime i shutdown the pc. But the issue only happen stimes. I mean not everytime i shut down my pc. And I dont know why since it happened randomly.

Btw, so far it is quite easy to solve. I just switch off my on off switch at the back of the psu and leave it for 10 secs. Then i can switch on my pc without any problem.

@Alex

It is normal that Hiper-X PSU fans run a while after you power down the system. It is an extra feature incorporated into their design so as to exhaust any residual heat. I am aware that you have contacted Hiper-X, but I would ask that you cease that line of questioning with them as this issue does not concern the Power Supply. I use a Hiper-X 580 modular here myself and I can assure you that it is not the source of the problem.

fair enough mate if u dont think its the psu i just didnt want to be tunnel vision and think motherboard when their are plenty of componenst in a system.

when i spoke to hiper they were very helpful and i knew it was normal for the fan to run just wonered if this upset the motherboard but if ur running an expert with one i guess its not linked.

cheers for that tho bulldog i did not mean to offend in anyway just trying to help

Well, i was going to get a Hiper Type-R 580 for my PC, but uh I think I'm going to stick with the Antec PSU. Sounds like there is definately some connection between your issue and the PSU not shutting down full. I would imagine that there is still some kind of current going through the ATX power lead since it needs to know when you've shut down your PC. Given the weird booting issues that have been posted before though it could be something entirely different. The real test would be to try a different powersupply that doesn't have the same feature as the Hiper and see if the problem persists.

1. Beats me.

2. Nope.

3. PC P&C 510 ASL

4. Never on this PSU, maybe on my old Antec TP2.0 550watt

Have you tried swapping your PSU yet?

1. What rev do you have? RAA0

2. Do you have a psu that keeps a fan running after shutdown? no

3. What PSU? Antec Neo 430 watt

4. Do you have the following issue? No

if you go

1. Choose Start, then select Shut Down.

2. From the pull-down menu, select "Shut Down".

3. Click OK.

and then i leave it 30 sec to 1 min and press the power button once to turn the pc back on, it fires up shows me 4 leds then 3 leds then 4 again and turns off.