Keyboard the ultimate battle

Guest Redemption_merged

Guest Redemption

So, as we all know, the world of gaming has now moved on to affect the keyboard. There are a variety of "gaming" keyboards out there. I have recently bought a z-board (its supposed to come in tomorrow) and i want to see what other people think about different "gamer" keyboard

such as:

Logitech G15

Saitek Eclipse

Wolfclaw

Z-board

various (crappy) windows ergonomic keyboards

ergo-dex

So heres my shpeal.

Logitech G15: Very nice keyboard, the programmable "M" keys make the keyboard very versitile for many different games. However, these keys are freaking tiny and really annoying to play on. The LCD screen built in is a nice feature, but come on, when are you EVER going to look at that thing when your in a hardcore FPS firefight?

Saiteck Eclipse: Very flat, very well built. This thing is built to last. The backlights have different settings so if people dont like the lighting, they can tone it down or turn it off alltogether. However, i really havent seen anything all that special about this keyboard... Prove me wrong?

Wolf claw: Has a very unique gamer pad on the left side of the keyboard. The button positioning makes it seem very easy to learn and use. However, you have to buy it from the company, plus the gamer keys scrunch up the side keys to the farther right. =(

Z-board: Very very versitile. You can snap in and out specific keysets on the fly to match whatever application you want to use, from games to photoshop. The guys from z-board have engineered the gamer pad layout to fit most of the commonly played FPS games. Additional playsets adhere to MMORPGS and RTSRPG's as well. However the downside is the additional keysets cost usually an additional 20 bucks more. Furthermore, there have been allot of reviews that say that the Z-board needs to be replaced after 8-10 months because the rubber stoppers for the keys wear out.

Various Keyboards: they suck.

Ergo-dex: i think its the most ingenious system ever made. You are given keyboard keyes and a flat "glass-like" plate. You connect the glass plate to your keyboard visa vi a USB cable. You then stick the keys onto the glass plate with an adhesive stuck to the bottom of each singular key. In this manner, you basically get to create your own custom keyboard! Stick and restick the keys as much as you want, the adhesive is made of a special material that never gets "un-stickey." Downside is that, these systems are pretty pricey, around 150 bucks.

So what do you guys think? which one is the best? and what other keyboard sets are there?

----- EDIT -----

Yea the optimus is probably going to be the undoubted best keyboard for ANYTHING ever. However, the price is most likely gonna be through the roof.

I like most of the standard dell ones dont ask me why I just do. Every game I have played has let me configure things the way I like so I havent needed a keyboard that I configure. There are other I like too it is mainly just how the keys respond.

I like most of the standard dell ones dont ask me why I just do.

Ya I'm the same way, got the standard Dell keyboard from when I purchased a system a year and a 1/2 ago, still clean, but broken in like a custom fit glove and cant seem to replace it cuz its so comfortable...

well i tend to do my gaming in the dark, so the Saitek Eclipse is great for my needs! (the newest version with each individual key backlit)

I have the Logitech G15 it also has backlit keys, It’s a great keyboard, nice Lcd which can be customized for CPU temp, Memory usage, fan speed, Game stats, teamspeak etc. Also you can turn off the windows keys so no more accidentally pressing the windows key in game; The Gkeys can do anything from 1 move to 15 moves in one press.

works well for me.

Great keyboard

G15 forum : http://www.g15mods.com/

Bf2 on the Lcd display coming soon:

http://www.g15forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=893&start=0

some reviews

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AY0HT...glance&n=172282

http://bvrev.compusa.com/2795/903247/reviews.htm

I'm gonna hold out and see what the price of that optimus is. If its durable enough and <$250 I'm gonna pick one up I think.

http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

The theory is it'll be out on the 1st, but that might turn out to be just a miniaturized worhtless version of it. Theres a thread about it somewhere around here that Ace started, I believe.

Otherwise I've been very happy with my logitech, just feels very solid.

Ive been using my zboard for 2 years now and I love it!!fantastic for gaming(which is mostly what I do).I couldnt imagian going back to a regular keyboard...

One thing that sux is when your overclocking your rig navigating the bios really blows with this keyboard.

Guest Redemption

I just got my z-board in now. Im downloading the drivers as i am typing. The keyboard feels incredible. The keys pop back up to my fingers with an incredible firmness. The standard gaming keyset is made really really weird. The typing keys are really screwed up and i think it will take a while to get used to them.

Guest Redemption

just tried out the standard fps gaming keyset. I tried out the cs:source settings with the keyset and the buy buttons and stuff are in irregular places. The the reload button is wayy far away than it normaly is. THis is gonna take a while for someone to get used to it. Freaking awesome keybaord in general tho