Sign in to follow this  
HiThisIsPat

Windows Stop Error

Hi, Patrick here. I will say up front I am not very well versed in computer hardware and their subsequent problems, so please bear with me.

To continue, around July 2005, I used the excellent resources on this forum to build a new gaming PC with my more tech-savy friend.

Everything worked fine until about a month ago, when I recieved intermittent stop errors during games or even when browsing the internet.

I installed new nVidia drivers thinking that might be the problem, but it persists.

Here is the contents of the error if it helps:

0x0000007e (0xC0000005,0xF73775BF,0xF7A13BF8,0xF 7A138F4)

Ntfs.sys - Address F73775 BF base at F7340000, Datestamp 41107eea

I hope a simple solution can be found. Thank you in advance.

I heard that updating the BIOS should be a last resort type of fix. Would you recommend anything else prior to doing that?

I also don't know the process for updating a BIOS, so if this is indeed a good choice, I would need some help

i had something like that, and it turned out to be a conflict with my audigy 2 zs platnium sound card. i had to disable the ac audio in the bios or something like that and nothing since, also i updated the sound drivers from creative.

I'm still getting BSOD, this time it lists a different error message....this has become very tiresome, does anyone have a more defined answer to my problem?

Also, my temps are a little high, my chipset idles around 50 degrees...could this contribute to the problem?

I might be able to borrow a friends power supply, but for now, I have no alternative. Strangely, the system was stable and fine for several months with this PSU, including intensive gaming (Battlefield 2, F.E.A.R). Could power issues crop up now?

Yes, PSU's can "wear out" just like any other piece of hardware.

I have seen a few people with those Neo's on the forums with problems. Can't say for sure that they resolved their issues by changing out the PSU's tho. Just can't remember

You really should update to bios 6/23/05 to fully support your revE cpu... !!

Check the links in my sig for a bootable cd to flash your bios.. very easy this way..

I would say if all else fails try reinstalling windows. Then only install the bare essentials (ie non-bloatware A/V, up-to-date drivers, your games, almost nothing else). Also could you post the new error message after audio driver update? And did you disable onboard audio?