Kingston D3208DW3T-5U BH-5 ??

ACE 256

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just a bit over 9 hours in now... Looks promising so far when i started mem test i avareged 12 errors per pass, now (at the ~9 hour mark) im averaging 4 :)

Prolly ganna go till i get no more errors or my HL2 withdrawal gets the better of me whatever comes first :nod: .......

Ram getting to hot ( to hot to keep my finger on :eek2: ) i shut it down im not ganna risk this ram......i have no clue about whats stable and whats not its acting realy weard now ..... I think my PSU might be going out, the 12V sags to ~ 11.6, the 5V drops to ~ 4.8 and the 3.3V never goes above 3.2.... :(

Hot running RAM, eh. Have you got some good airflow going to the RAM?

How about heatspreaders, any of those nasty suckers on the RAM?

What PSU do you have? Sorry for all the questions, just curious.

Also, dang!, you've been running some of the lowest timings I've seen. :eek2:

Nice.

BL

I can run 2 0 0R 1W 11 A:0 0 1 1 2 0 2 but its a bit flaky...... thats whare i start to see errors in other spots of the ram not just in the 950~1024 range whare my "weak spot" is... I have a cheap 600watt PSU BTW......

Well i settup 2 120MM fans blowing on the ram and my PSU probs whent away... Weard its like the ram was drawing harder on the PSU when it was hot :rolleyes:

Im just running naked chips no heat sinks or heatspredders.. Ganna order some nice ones when i get a bit of extra $...

Well my Hl2 addiction got the better of me :nod: .... Im running 2.5 0 1 0 11 now A: 0 0 2 2 2 0 2..... I did some testing and Strenghts: 6 and Slews:1 is defanitly the best spot for me ...... A cas of 2.5 is the only thing that makes the "weak spot" in my ram stable. Iv tryed 2 4 4 11 and loose alphas and get the same thing, weard.

Ya know if a DDR booster will work in my infinity ?? I think this ram whants 3.4 or 3.5 :cool:

Odd how things change, just buy moving fans or switching ram slots.. and how settings on day will be flawless but will bearly run the next... The NF2 Infinity and lanpartys seem to have a personality IMO. Just an odd observation on how a systems preference will change :) ....

Don't think DDR boosters are touted for being able to run on DFI NF2 boards, or other

NF2s either. I remember someone saying something about using one on such a

board. If I remember correctly it may have worked but single channel was the result

with that. Unsure though, don't quote me on that or take if for granted that they will

work on an NF2.

I'd do some digging/looking into that first, and before trying it out. Have you looked

into doing a vDIMM mod for the voltage you're talking about?

Have you looked

into doing a vDIMM mod for the voltage you're talking about?

Any ideas whare i whould find one ?? Or how hard it whould be ?? Im not to bad with a soldering iron.... Iv swaped swollen caps that sort of thing ...

Okay, then you could just use the search function yourself and type in "vdimm mod".

Do you know if OCZ is still using the Hynix DT-D5 chips on those sticks?

If so, then that is the question. Whether those might give you more of what you'd

be looking for and using on your NF2 MB?

I've used some DT-D5 based sticks on my UI board before, which you might be

aware of. I used them for quite awhile and tried numerous BIOSes and configs

in order to get more of an OC out of them. I seemed to have difficulty with getting

them to run with higher and more aggressive FSBs/settings, which I wanted.

However, there's been some BIOSes since then that I would have tried with them,

but I no longer have those sticks (as I sold them). It's possible that someone else

might have better results with those type of sticks than I did, but I did try just

about everything I could think of and in order to get more out of them than I did.

I have had much better results with the original BH-5 sticks I have now, than I did

with the DT-D5 sticks. I have also seen a few others who appear to have gotten

great results with DT-D43 sticks (possibly AT-D43, BT-D43 and CT-D43 also). The

question might be with those, are they going to be different enough from DT-D5

dies and revisions that those would be easier to use on these NF2 MBs, or is it

merely a matter of trying something out that I may have missed?

I guess that's less of an answer than you would be looking for, possibly. Probably?

If you're interested, you might just need to get some and try them out. Of course,

that's up to you. I, personally, wouldn't give up my Winbond sticks for them. It

just depends on what you want to do and if you want to mess around with some

other variety of RAM, if you're getting bored with what you've got and/or want to

try something new out and etc.

Well i havent traded yet... he let my try them out first :D ( he works on a barge so hes gone one month and back another ) well it does 2 2 2 11 @ 3.3V 500DDR but i get the same errors @ 99% in memtest #5 :confused: ... so maybe its not the memory, thow its odd that the mobo whould throw errors only @ 99% in test #5 of memtest :confused:

well all in all what i have found stable : the OCZ @ 2.5 3 3 11 with CPC on or my ram @ 2 2 2 11 CPC off ... with both settups i get ~ 3800 in sandra so i donno what is the best ram to go with i like the tight timings of my ram thow...

I found a Vdimm mod might try it latter on....... I think eather ram will do fine @ 3.3V i think its my mobo getting weak on me :(