Sign in to follow this  
DieBarbarian

Just got my board.. Problems always find me

So, install everything.. done this well over a dozen times, get all the connectors plugged in, and start her up.. fans come on for about 5 seconds, then everything just shuts off completely.. Now, i'm a little confused/baffled why this might be hapening never had this problem before, i left the jumpers on the board in the default position, and i'm running a 550 W PS.. so plenty of juice.. any ideas?..

K got that fixed, the 8 pin plug wasn't in all the way.. it splits in 2.. anyways, so on to the next problem.. this sounds extremely Noobish.. but i noticed the system shuts the CPU fan off.. then restarts it.. but it'll stay off for 20-30 seconds, granted thats not quite enough time for much damage to be done due to the fact the heatsink is ice cold, any thing i should worry about?....

It's a BIOS setting. Adjust it if you like. If the processor is running cool the fan will not be needed. You can change the threshold.

rgr freaked me out... i've been using liquid cooling for 3 years now, had to hook the stock heatsink on the proc, haven't recieved my water block yet :).. anyways shes running stable as can be.. just did 3dmark 2001se hit 29000.. pretty good to me :).. remember the days that 11,000 was good :).. anyways, i'll keep you guys posted on the status.