4x512 ram wont overclock! Help!

when i installed my other 2 512 sticks od ocz performance ram it worked fine on stock, but when i oced my cpu to 2.4 and put a 5/6 divider on the ram to make it equal 200mhx(which is the stock speed) there are problems. in windows i cant play a video without my screen going black and freezing. also in mozilla firefox im getting little red dots that look like hot pixels but arent. i have tried every single voltage/timing configuration u can think of. i set the ram to 2T. are there any other things i should try? :confused: :confused:

Thanks

well..i got it workin at a 3/4 divider which is a about 184 mhz and the cpu at 2.75 . i can live with that. but when i use a 5/6 divider which brings it to about 196 mhz it cant play video. my psu is an aspire 500 watt. also i have been playin around with the timings alot but im not sure what some of the options mean. could some1 explain to me what the most stable timings i could use? and yes i use a 5/6 as well with my 2 sticks and it worked fine at 2-3-2-5

• 4 months later...

My DFI nf3 just has problems with 4 sticks of 512 ram as opposed to 2 sticks. It's a motherboard issue, possibly a DFI one I suspect.

I have abeefy 600w Enermax PSU as well.

I get the video crashing as well (phew, thought it was ONLY me) but only if I use a 3/2 divider. If I use a 6/5 divider the issues go away despite the ram running at a faster frequency. It goes like this for me:

285 HTT, 10x multi, ram @ 190mhz (3/2) = unstable, videos crash system.

285 HTT, 10x multi, ram @ 238mhz (6/5) = stable, no problems.

My ram is only pc3200 (200mhz) crucial, yet it runs stably at 238mhz as opposed to 190mhz simply because the divider seems to screw things up. So if your mobo is anything like mine, you might get better luck, ironically, with making your ram run faster (even if you have to run it at far looser timings).

now i have a new antec 550 watt PSU and the problem is STILL happening....
You have a complete page of ram timings in bios..
What are your current ram timings?
Please list them as TheFlowerKing asked a few posts up and maybe we can suggest something.

When running 4x512mb's sometimes you need to loosen timings to get it stable.. Just because one set of timings work with 2x512mb's it doesnt mean it will work with 4x512mb's..

My DFI nf3 just has problems with 4 sticks of 512 ram as opposed to 2 sticks. It's a motherboard issue, possibly a DFI one I suspect.

I have abeefy 600w Enermax PSU as well.

I get the video crashing as well (phew, thought it was ONLY me) but only if I use a 3/2 divider. If I use a 6/5 divider the issues go away despite the ram running at a faster frequency. It goes like this for me:

285 HTT, 10x multi, ram @ 190mhz (3/2) = unstable, videos crash system.

285 HTT, 10x multi, ram @ 238mhz (6/5) = stable, no problems.

My ram is only pc3200 (200mhz) crucial, yet it runs stably at 238mhz as opposed to 190mhz simply because the divider seems to screw things up. So if your mobo is anything like mine, you might get better luck, ironically, with making your ram run faster (even if you have to run it at far looser timings).

thats more of a memory controller issue, and most likely has 0 to do with the board