Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

IHS Removal Tutorial (AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Guest FZ1
then you wouldn't be attempting such a dangerous, warranty-voiding trick. And if you were and did anyway...nothing I could instruct you about would make a difference.
LOL. But you KNOW that's just what happens. I just thought it would be good to mention ;)

clip-on sinks with a bare Athlon64 is a very bad idea. I've seen more chipped (and of course RUINED) A64 cpu's from users putting a clip-on heatsink on them (from true Mobile A64's to IHS-removed A64's).

Clip-on's provide a lot of high tension, very uneven pressure that tends to almost always destroy a chunk of a corner of the cache on the top of a bare cpu.

Angry,

are you speaking of clip on water block setups damaging or oem hsf ?

I'm about to get out of my ext. water kit so I can be a little more portable

and use the TT Big Typhoon. Sounds like removing the IHS would be a huge

mistake using a HSF like the BT.

thoughts ? ?

thanks.

I want the key chain sooooo bad :-)

LOL. But you KNOW that's just what happens. I just thought it would be good to mention ;)

just about anything that is listed in this section of the forums is warranty-voiding but you know...no one forces anyone to do it, and if you aren't experienced or confident enough to do such a thing, and yet you do it anyway...thats no one's fault =/

Angry,

are you speaking of clip on water block setups damaging or oem hsf ?

I'm about to get out of my ext. water kit so I can be a little more portable

and use the TT Big Typhoon. Sounds like removing the IHS would be a huge

mistake using a HSF like the BT.

thoughts ? ?

thanks.

I want the key chain sooooo bad :-)

From what I understand, anything that has a separate base and clips onto it applies uneven and uncontrolled pressure which can crack the CPU, and then you'll have two keychains. :D

HA HA HA HA HA AH AHPR(&UJP(AW*uvr0ae

Well said....A reprogrammed key for my car is 80bucks. I'll save myself the chance

of it being 300.

Anyone wanna send me a key chain ? ? PLZ :-)

Just used the tutorial to pop the IHS off my brand spankin new Opty 148! :) Took maybe 5 minutes once I got comfortable with the procedure and the razor blade..lol. Already got her oc'd to 2.6 on stock volts, load temp is 30C with water cooling.

For clarity, where you're starting, you're demonstrating that you're not supposed to start there but rather to start where the opening in the seal is, right?

By the way, where do you get all this sweet music? :D

For clarity, where you're starting, you're demonstrating that you're not supposed to start there but rather to start where the opening in the seal is, right?

By the way, where do you get all this sweet music? :D

right...start in the middle where there's a slight indent in the IHS (it is on every A64/Sempron I have)...you can tell this by how my blade slips right into it lol

I've got more music than Buddha heh, and it is all cool stuff ;)

right...start in the middle where there's a slight indent in the IHS (it is on every A64/Sempron I have)...you can tell this by how my blade slips right into it lol

I've got more music than Buddha heh, and it is all cool stuff ;)

lol yes, I can imagine having the blade slip like that can be dangerous, good way to lose a finger if it was anything more powerful than a razorblade.

What's the name of the song? That bass is so awesome. I'm actually a bit of a bass player myself but I haven't learned slap bass yet, as most of my bass knowledge is just technique I carried over from guitar.