IHS Removal Tutorial (AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Angry_Games

I did the port foward....It's only for configuring the router...(as from my case anyhow)

I only have the XP firewall running and it is allowed as an exception....so not sure...there is also a lvpatch or something to help get the kb's up but haven't found any info on it yet...

Sorry about the linkage...I thought it would be fine....I site has went under a redo and all the iffy stuff has been removed....(links to other proggies)

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tip is courtesy of nomad:

If you are using a clip on HS (such as an XP-90), you can effectively make it a bolt through. Remove the mounting bracket from the motherboard. Clip the HS to the bracket. Position the unit above your chip, then screw the bracket directly in. Takes a little practice, but works like a charm. No more tears.

If you are using a clip on HS (such as an XP-90), you can effectively make it a bolt through. Remove the mounting bracket from the motherboard. Clip the HS to the bracket. Position the unit above your chip, then screw the bracket directly in. Takes a little practice, but works like a charm. No more tears.

nice!!!!

unfortunately I still cannot recommend this as this has also destroyed processors

but with anything, use at your own risk

edit:::: didnt work FOR ME!!! lol

but thats ok tho'.

im up to the step where the edge of the blade sink in to under the IHS. then when i start move the blade downwards or move the CPU upwards, it just wont bulge at all! the little black icky thing that stick the IHS is really REALLY HARD! i tried my best to force it, but it wont give more than 1 mm... and i did try real hard.

of course i wont put 100% force in there, heck im not gonna break the CPU for a mere few degrees of better cooling :P but thats just me. im afraid i'll scratch a few resistor or watever.

so i put it back in, boot it up, and get it over with.

thx anyway, AG ;) good guide! but to let people kno that sometime it just doesnt work.

I haven't tried it myself, but from what I've read it sounds like you weren't using the right kind of blade. I've heard that people can't get X-acto knives to work...they need to use a plain razor blade (like A_G in the video tutorial).