IHS Removal Tutorial (AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Angry_Games

So for a right handed person, would you reccomend holding the processor in the left hand and using the razor with the right?

I recommend using whatever hand is comfortable.

the video just shows you how I do it...if you are different-handed then me...then you should use the hand that is most comfortable ;)

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend using whatever hand is comfortable.

the video just shows you how I do it...if you are different-handed then me...then you should use the hand that is most comfortable ;)

Man..if a fella walked into this response without the rest of the thread for reference... :nod:

Hmmm, going to download the video and take a peek at it. Thanks. Oh, and btw, shouldn't it be better to use some direct download sites such as yousendit, rapidshare, etc... for such small files?

Guest Partizan
do NOT use a scalpel or ANY other kind of Exact-O or regular razor blade.

they are simply too thick and the only good blade we've seen so far that won't eat the cpu's organic coating (if done properly anyway) nor destroy anything is a double-edged razor blade or another blade that is that thin

anything thicker is simply too thick and is just not worth trying to use

Will post the picture of the scalpel. Succesfully removed 3 IHS with no damage to organic coating to any of the three Opterons.

Regards, Partizan

Hmmm, going to download the video and take a peek at it. Thanks. Oh, and btw, shouldn't it be better to use some direct download sites such as yousendit, rapidshare, etc... for such small files?

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

OK, well, here's the thing. Yousendit is limited downloads and limited time, and rapidshare is a pain to download from. Not exactly appropriate for this situation. :P

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

OK, well, here's the thing. Yousendit is limited downloads and limited time, and rapidshare is a pain to download from. Not exactly appropriate for this situation. :P

yep, and these vids will continue to get larger (up to 500MB) as time goes on so BitTorrent is the best answer...if you want it, you will share it

Demand had dropped off so I'd stopped seeding, but I noticed there was one lonely guy trying to download the torrent tonight so I'm back up seeding. If anyone wants the video, I'll try to keep it up almost 24/7 for the coming weekend. I can upload at almost 1MB/s over torrent, so it shouldn't be too hard to get :)

Did it.Total succes.Thnx Angry_Games.Real help!I need another cooler do.I can only use this one with the IHS back just diffrent thermal(as5)Temperatures went down by 3*C.Let's see what happens when as5 gets settled!What kind of cooler do you reccomend?I can find sonic tower/akasa evo.Or tell me some other models and I'll see if I an find them