Sign in to follow this  
tweak50

remote access

I'm looking around for a remote access program and I was wondering what are some good ones that you guys have found. I want to keep the program either free, or pretty inexpensive. I just paid tuition for this semester so I dont have a whole lot of money at the moment :(

I knew that XP had it built in, im not sure why but i just assumed that it was not very good. Well I guess that happens when you assume things lol, i'll give that one a try and see how it works for me. thanks ace.

Windows XP Professional has remote desktop built-in. It is free (except for internet access charges) and very easy to use.

Remote Desktop routes sound, lets you control visuals to cut down on bw, and is easier to use than VNC in my experience.

also, a big PLUS is it locks the host computer when it's accessed. if you've let someone VNC into your computer, you sit there and watch what they're doing. it's nice to have the privacy.

So I finally started using remote access through windows. My only problem is that I can not connect to my computer. I have its IP address, it then goes into the display window and shows a log in box. The only profile i have on my computer is called Ethan, and it has no password. The log in box is making me put in a password and when i say cancel it says there is an account restriction. Any ideas?

Have you tried logging out of the Ethan computer to see if there is an administrator account that shows-up on the login menu?

EDIT: Create a remote access account on the Ethan computer specifically for Remote Desktop.