Sign in to follow this  
Aynjell

OCZ Gold PC4000

Hey guys, just got my new RAM in and it does DDR520 just fine, but squeezing out DDR540 is what I'm really after (1:1), and if it's foolish or not, I wanna see if I can pull it off. Burning in RAM that dislikes voltage also sounds tricky...

Here's a link to what I ordered:

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/m...uct_Code=140363

Can some of you list your settings for these sticks so I can get a general idea of how to tweak these for higher speeds? I'm still sorta new to overclocking RAM as my dfi nf3 didn't reallly have as many options and my Kingston ValueRAM wasn't really a champion overclocker... so.

Currently testing 267 with promising results, which still allows me to use 2.4Ghz per core and keep 1:1, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

AUTO FAST (3-4-3-7) will do 270Mhz (270 * 10) 1:1 EASY

I couldn't get my OCZ Gold PC4000 to get memtest86 (non-windows) stable @270 no matter what I tried. I even had some correspondence with an OCZ representative that was very familiar with the board I own (DFI nf4 Ultra-D). It would boot into XP without issue, but getting through memtest 5 without errors it wouldn't.

My PC specs are below, but my chip is running 9x300 which meant I had to run my memory at the 9:10 divider (BIOS reported 270Mhz). Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Hope you have better luck than I did...

Chum

Okay, here's what I ended up with:

DDR520, at 3-4-3-7

I couldn't break DDR534, so I decided to go for as tight timings as possible.

Right now I'm at DDR500 even at 3-4-3-7, and so far it's nice and smooth. Testing my CPU at 2.2ghz per core, undervolted. I prefer light overclocks and low voltages, high voltages sorta scare me. :)

Just thought I'd bump this. I know my CPU can go farther, but I am having issues getting it all running at 1:1. Right now I'm at the max frequencies for stock vcore on all my hardware and I am about to start pushing everything, but my memory has hit a wall. I'd appreciate it if some people with dual core processors, eXpert mainboards, and this kit of memory would post all thier settings so I can figure out what's going on. Angry, Rgone, somebody in the know, possibly...