Will bumping from 2 sticks to 4 of OCZ EL PLAT 2 give issues??!

oceagle

Hello!

I have 2 sticks of the following ram:

OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)

Will popping in an additional 2 sticks give me any 'issues'? Will I have to change any settings?

I'm running all 'stock' settings. SPD.

Thanks!

Hello!

I have 2 sticks of the following ram:

OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)

Will popping in an additional 2 sticks give me any 'issues'? Will I have to change any settings?

I'm running all 'stock' settings. SPD.

Thanks!

As already mentioned, you will have to change the CPC (Command Per Clock), which will therefore default your memory speeds to 333 mhz (this is also because the memory controller and the use of 4 sticks). However, it will also take a bit of tweaking for your memory, and some active cooling. 2.5-3-3-7 might be a sweet spot for those sticks.

>>" However, it will also take a bit of tweaking for your memory, and some active cooling. 2.5-3-3-7 might be a sweet spot for those sticks."

I guess I'm EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED! I'm buying some of the 'best' memory, not overclocking, and I have to do all types of tweaks?! This just really seems so shabby.

I guess I'm EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED! I'm buying some of the 'best' memory, not overclocking, and I have to do all types of tweaks?! This just really seems so shabby.

...what?..a couple of keystrokes?..

...mine defaulted to 333MHz and 2T during POST...all I did was set timings to those specified by OCZ and bump the volts a fraction...

...call me a seafood... :cat:

Dont blame the memory.. Most of this has to do with the memory controller on the CPU .. When you add more ram it stresses the mem controller more and sometimes you need to tweak some settings to get it to be 100% stable..

When I went from 2 to 4 I had to spend a lot of time in the bios to be a ble boot windows. I had to go back to stock speeds. I cleared CMOS last night and it seems to work fine w/ the 4 sticks though I haven't run memtest yet.