Marvell LAN Dying?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because windows re-assigns the IRQS when it is first installed. After a fresh install you have ended up in this situation, doing a fresh install may well produce the same results or it may have the 7800gtx sharing with something less troublesome. Best thing to do is disable as many of the unneeded devices in the BIOS settings, do a clean install of windows and cross your fingers that your needed devices get their own IRQ or have no troubles sharing with whatever other devices are on that IRQ.

what I ment was remove the video card do a reboot then see what IRQ is there and if one took the Marvell, then install my video card and Pray it will not go to that Marvell IRQ.. I can be all wrong in what I am thinking seeing how I dont know that much about this part of the system..

well crap that was a SOL question I just ask you then ... doh.. who knows.. I guess if I have this right go into the bios Integrated peripherals and disale all the USB stuff but my keyborad right Im in there now I see . USB Park Mode disabled usb TD Reads ISO Queue, USB Periodic data Reads ISO Queue, are u talking there,.?? then do a clean install again??

It's just the main USB setting,I think the options are USB 1.0, USB 1.1 and Disabled. This will make all the other USB settings not apllicable.

I can't remember exactly where this setting is and I can't look because my motherboard is broken at the moment.

I was thinking about disabling the other devices more to be honest, floppy controller if you are not using it, irda etc etc (it might be better to wait for your newphew to come fix it). Although there are 6 usb ports, generally these all all using the same IRQ through a controller.

Thanks Centy I did see that in the bios I will do what you said and disable it .. it is as you said USB 1,1.5v 2. //hum I did send him (nephew) an email with that attachment .. he likes the nvidia lan but he doesnt play DAoC game any longer, he is so ticked at Mythic he will not play any of there games now.. So he says.. bet I see him in Warhammer lol.. Well we all get ticked at some pt.

I like the Marvell as it will not drop me to the desktop, or lag me all over like a modem.. and I really go LD a lot with it too.. even with checksum off.. I have tried everything I know to do.. to get it stable , works great on the bot computers.. not on my main..

Thanks for all your help there guy Im really not trying to sound lame but Im sure I do by now..

I still cant see why it jumped to that controller though.. I see where it could have went to a different one.

This computer with the 850xt ati card i see can share it.. it is on the same IRQ.. and have no problem with it, the light comes on even.. :confused: