Sign in to follow this  
Ximo

P 4 1.8 @2.8?

hey du u guys think it is possible to oc a Pentium 4 1.8ghz to 3.0ghz????

the highest you will get with a northwood 400(100) fsb cpu is about 2.7. after that they all crap out. maybe with vapor u can possibly push alittle higher but not much. that is their real limit so there ya go. i have had two northwoods. both will push to 2.7 and no higher. first was a 1.6 and the second is a 2.2.

Hey Will have you posted any benchmarks for your 2500+ and 2.4c? I would love to see which one wins.

no i haven't pit. i posted some before when the 2.4C was mounted on a P4P800 Deluxe but now that i am done o/cing it I have put it in a small form factor case. The real question is not which is better at stock speed. what i look for myself in a cpu are the stock speed and the overclockability. although the 2500+ is a good cpu when its o/ced vs the 2.4C when its o/ced the 2.4C will blow it away at 3.6ghz when the amd is still in the low 2 - 2.3ghz range.

Yeah I know that the 2.4c would whoop the 2500+ but some AMD users keep saying that the opposite would happen so I wanted numbers to prove it.