Sign in to follow this  
Zwar

True or False ? X8 bandwidth is slower than the video card

So I just checked and my jumpers are set to 1&2 for SLI / Single.

and my Adapter Properties says Bus: PCI Express X2.

So how do I get it to X8 ? move jumpers to SLI even though I'm using 1 card?

For Clarity:

The chipset fan and shroud on the DFI nF4 boards meets the ATX spec for height and clearance.

If your video card contacts the chipset fan you have one of the following problems...

The case is simply a bad design. I've see this one way too many times

The case is out of alignment. This can happen due to shipping damage.

The motherboard is not installed properly. If the standoffs used are too short, it will cause the video card to angle into the fan.

The video card is not up to the spec. I've seen this on several cards where they either designed them wrong or there is too much material left from the PCB cut. You might notice some small notches left where the card was broken from a larger panel.

I moved it to the x16 ( 1st slot ) It rests right on the housing for the chipset fan. The fan spins but the card has like 1m between the fan. like this with fan on full I'm at 49 - 51 c

mobo's default full chipset fan was 55c but I turned it down to 45c

Is it normal / ok for it to be 49 - 51c ? seems hot to me.

speedfan shows a little red up arrow at 49 and 50 at 51 it turns into a flame.

Is it normal / ok for it to be 49 - 51c ? seems hot to me.

That's on the high side but not in the "danger zone" yet. Most times a little cable management or additional airflow will resolve high chipset temps.

For Clarity:

The chipset fan and shroud on the DFI nF4 boards meets the ATX spec for height and clearance.

If your video card contacts the chipset fan you have one of the following problems...

The case is simply a bad design. I've see this one way too many times

The case is out of alignment. This can happen due to shipping damage.

The motherboard is not installed properly. If the standoffs used are too short, it will cause the video card to angle into the fan.

The video card is not up to the spec. I've seen this on several cards where they either designed them wrong or there is too much material left from the PCB cut. You might notice some small notches left where the card was broken from a larger panel.

very true, my case is nice (antec server) so I'm glad I dont have any touching of my card to that fan top

:dog: