Sign in to follow this  
mar1b0r0man

New Rig - Lian Li PC-V1000 & Hiper Type R

Hi all,

I just put in my order for a new rig (see sig.) :D

I'm still looking for a case, currently leaning towards the Lian Li PC-V1000 or V1000 plus, they're sexy :D But it seems there's some spacing limitations for PSU compartment. Does anyone have this case or know if the Hiper Type R would fit into this case?

Any comment or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks :nod:

i dont get why ud have a problem i dont have the case but do have the psu and did not find it to be large?

just make sure you get the plus version of the v1000, it has a removable psu divider, handy if your psu is oversized.

Yep, i had a modstream in my 1000 and it didnt fit :( it hung out the back of the case....

Thanks everyone,

The Hiper PSU itself looked like it would fit snuggly in the compartment but what got me worried was the connecters. Then it's the Lian Li PC-V1000 plus :D

For those who have this case, what do you think of it?

Although the Hiper Type R's are recommended to our EU/UK members

where they are one of the cheapest, good PSU's available, however you can do much better over here.

Stick to the "A" list whenever possible! :nod:

about the case. I love my lian li. I dont think i will ever buy another brand of case after owning a 1000 and yes mine is a plus too.

Thanks again,

I was going for the OCZ Powerstream 520W, but then a few days ago I saw the Hiper Type R's on sale at NCIX for $99.99 CDN :nod: As for the Lian Li I really like the case too :D Now I just hope my Dell 7800GTX can fit, for some strange reason it looks almost full length :confused:

Well, I will post you some pics of the tight fit in my case with wc. Im sure that running air only in the lian case is great. I have my stacker at home and am waiting for more tubing to make my switch. Will post pics of it tonight.

The V1000 is a beautiful case, I upgraded to the V2000 when I went watercooling and added some hard drives. If you only have 2-3 HDD's you can remove the rear cage and have more than enough room for cables and the PSU, that is available on both the variants of the 1000 I believe. You can't go wrong with those curves either way. :)

By the way, the 2000 is a monster and if you ever plan on adding anything...

Thanks again all for the tips :D

Great, I would love to see pics of the V1000 loaded :D

btw - I only went for the Dell 7800GTX cause it was on sale :D

Sign in to follow this