Which slot is not IRQ shared?

Hi,

Now that I have my new SATA drive installed and running I keep crashing on shutdown when both the nvidia sw bus driver and the creative xfi drivers are installed. When I was using ide hard drive this issue did not exist. The problem seems to have started when I plugged in the sata hdd.

After searching on the net it seems there may be a conflict between this boards ACPI ability and xfi. Does anyone know which PCI slot is not using a shared IRQ?

I have not heard of the X-Fi problem coming up on shut-downs. One thing I did that seemed to calm the BSODs I was having was to set the ESCD to manual. You may want to give that a try. It did not get rid of the problem completely but it may be worth a try. Also I've read a lot that the 623-3 BIOS worked best with the X-Fis. You may want to check that as well.

Good luck

I have had the BSOD "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

That usually means either an IRQ is being shared or your OC is too much.

I've had to drop me OC down to 2.7ish.

That was my only option because my video card is in the top slot while my X-FI is in the very last slot (Bottom). So I didn't think they could be sharing. I even went into Device Manager and saw they weren't sharing.

But recently did a fresh install of XP and got a "Pagefile" and "IRQL" BSOD while in Windows but was doing a few things at once w/ the Registry and other installs at the same time. So I figured that was a mistake on my part. Haven't received a BSOD since. Running fine.

To answer your question BigKohones, uninstall all NVidia Drivers (Both Chipset and Graphics) and reinstall WITHOUT the SW Driver. I've seen many posts in these forums regarding the SW Driver giving them problems.

Hope that helps you out.

Only legacy hardware actually uses IRQ. PCI uses INT# lines (A-D)*. The IRQ's are only kept in for backward compatibility.

* Sometimes when it is said PCI slots share an IRQ they are sharing an INT# line. In theory this shouldn't cause a problem but with some bus hogging devices it can be.

IRQ_L errors are generally down to two reasons.

i) Buggy drivers

ii) System is overclocked too far (quite often in this case it is the memory).