Sign in to follow this  
OTT

Expert's settings for stability

Hi!

I would want the opinion of Expert's guys :D about how to set the following parameters for the best stability:

1) LDT

2) CHIPSET Volt

3) PCI Express Freq

Last question: it is better to use more VID Control + less VID Special or less VID Control + more VID Special to get similar voltages?

Thanks very much for the answers! :)

Really I would say this all depends on how you have everything set up. Got alot of active cooling in your case? I personally did not mess with any voltage out of the box, just when I wanted to OC. If yah want check out the database and you can get an idea of what other people are running. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10195 on their ocs. Of course if you are running stock, do just that. Leave it at stock. Only thing your memoy may require more than what its given. I set mine to 2.7* and it works great around this voltage up to about 2.8. But, we have different memory.

I personally found that leaving the Vid control at 1.4 and messing with the special worked well for me while overclocking.

Wasn't the 3v CPU killing situation to do with using low VID control and high VID special? I believe that nice Mr Wu said take VID control to the max before you start using VID special, though how well that works in practice I don't know.

Wasn't the 3v CPU killing situation to do with using low VID control and high VID special? I believe that nice Mr Wu said take VID control to the max before you start using VID special, though how well that works in practice I don't know.

Ok!