Sign in to follow this  
Nemlack

Anyone use the Cool Master Aerogate II Fan controller?

I'm shopping around for a Fan Controller and this Cool Master Aerogate II caught my eye: Aerogate II

prod1469_picID_2180.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with it? It's pleasing to my eye and it controls 4 fans with RPM and 4 temperature sensors. It uses one dial to controll all 4 fans and I'm wondering if it would be better to get a Fan controller with a individual dial for each fan?

Anyway does anyone know much about it?

Personally, i use the vantec nexus and couldnt be happier. It controls all of my fans, is black with pretty blue leds :P. and when i hook my panaflos up and put them on low im pushing air almost silently.

Those, being fan controllers like the one in your post, are pleasant to the eye and serve there purpose but i got my nexus for $10 from svc and couldnt have been more pleased.

I was also looking at that same Vantec nexus 3.5" Fan controller as well. I also like that one very much as the NXP-305 also has a light controll. Unfortunately I don't have an available 3.5" bay (and it costs $39.99 CAD over here).

If this Aerogate II works well then I may just get it. Does anyone have any experience with it?

I have the Coolmaster Cooldrive 4 which looks identical to that one. I'll tell ya, I don't like it. It works ok and all. You really have to turn the dial alot to get any affect. Also the dial is smooth and sometimes you can't tell if you're really turning it or if your fingers are just sliding around it. Lastly, the dial is too close to the other buttons so sometimes when you are turning it, you accidently push the other buttons and have to repush the button you were trying adjust.

On the Zalman, how far do the adjustment knobs protrude?

I need to get a fan controller, but also need to be able to close the door on my Tsunami, so clearance is an issue

Thanks

I have the Coolmaster Cooldrive 4 which looks identical to that one. I'll tell ya, I don't like it. It works ok and all. You really have to turn the dial alot to get any affect. Also the dial is smooth and sometimes you can't tell if you're really turning it or if your fingers are just sliding around it. Lastly, the dial is too close to the other buttons so sometimes when you are turning it, you accidently push the other buttons and have to repush the button you were trying adjust.

Thanks for the review. This was just the kind of info I was looking for. I think I will try and find the Vantec Nexus instead.

After further investigating I discovered that Aerogate II requires that all your fans have RPM sensors on them, otherwise the alarm will be set off and will need to be reset every time you boot up.

Since my CPU Heatsink fan will be a Panaflo without a RPM sensor, this just would not do for me.

I'll just keep looking.

You could send an email to the mod god @ mnpctech and find out where he gets the controller he uses on their modified Tsunami. They offer the Mitron 3.5 bay fan controller as an option and it matches the Tsunami perfectly and doesn't impede the door closing at all.

Yea Nemlack, I don't know how I forgot to add that in my post as it was the most frustrating part about the thing. I didn't realize that till I had it all installed :mad: :rolleyes:

Ok I'm getting some great advice here! I've now narrowed down my choices to either the Thermaltake Xcontroller A2140:

420.jpg

or the Zalman ZM-MFC1:

9986.gif

I'm a little worried that the knobs on the Thermaltake Xcontroller may stick out too much for me to close my case door. I have a Sonata II.

I also have a couple of questions about the Zalman ZM MFC1. Nitemareglitch maybe you can help me out here.

My Sonata II case has a blue light (LED I think) in the front of the case that attaches to the power supply via a regular 4 pin Molex connector. Is there anyway I can connect it to one of the toggle switches? The toggle switch connects to a device with a Black and Red wire (power and ground) as you can see below:

ZM-MFC1.jpg

Is there anyway to mod a 4-pin Molex connector to connect via a simple black and red wire?

Also does the Zalman light up at all? I can't find any pictures of this controller in action? If it does light up does the lighting increase with the intensity of the fan? And would there be any issues if your fan does not have a RPM connector? (like my Panaflo)

Sorry for all the questions :)

The Zalman actually has a somewhat transparent face. You can see the circuitry. And yes the LEDS react with the changing fan speeds.

There are many reviews of it. Google is your friend.

Sign in to follow this