Sign in to follow this  
Guest SaLadin_SS_merged

ATI Fight Back Big

Guest SaLadin_SS

ATI's New Leader in Graphics Performance: The Radeon X1900 Series

Reads pretty serious. It so nice to be a consumer benefiting off this war:)

I'll spoil the results and make it clear that the X1900XT and XTX are hands down the best cards out there right now.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2679

Any clue when they will ship in volume? I hope it is not another parrper launch I hop they do ship in volume I would love to see ATI back in the game.

"Fill rate isn't increased very much because the X1900 series still only allows 16 pixels to be drawn to the screen per clock cycle"

:shake: :shake:

edit: well, I am not really impressed with this card at all...so I'm sticking to my 7800 cards until ATI finally gets it right again

Too bad all the results I've seen show the 512MB 7800GTX to be at least on par. Granted these are with older drivers so I'm sure the 1900 will pull ahead slighly, but its not like its a decisive victory since the overcloving appears to be less than hoped for.

Guest SaLadin_SS

you know i am impressed with slightly better performance over the Nvidia offering......... at about 200.00 USD less.

I mean that is significant. Is also for sale right now at more then one vendor i've seen

You have to like that?

Meh, they are pushing their core WAY over the top. All the reviews I have seen point to them using some fairly hardcore cycles for the shaders, and some new thing for soft shadows. Too bad they are not working off of an agreed upon standard in their shadow rendering.

Personally, I will just plop another 7800gt into my system and be happy running all my games on full settings.

Guest SaLadin_SS

I feel you about that "pushing their core WAY over the top"

Not to sound Like a Smary pants but aren't we DFI user? Our mission is to push things way over the TOP (in most normal pc user eyes)

So now we would take the position to say a manufacture has over clocked the GPU too far?

Well i suppose some of you are infact GPU O/Cing experts...So please advise......... if the engineers at ATI are dupping us on a produce that is going to fail do to it exceeding its limits.

I would like to know so i dont spend my hard earn dollars on poorly engineered Vid card.

Please detail your argument so i can get a responce from ATI and then make a decision

on what to buy.

Side note;

it seem like people have turned Nvida and ATI into a Ford and Chevy thing. Brand loyalty. If that the case then i suppose there is nothing that will ever saticfy the other side.............. so no need to debate the matter. I will always try to remain loyal to the price/performance ratio regardless of whos name it bears

I have owned voodoo, ati and nvidia at one time or another... I'll tell you this I do not rely on brand loyalty. I look at reviews, drivers, stability, cost, support, and user comments plus a host of other things that make up the whole package and how all components relate to eachother.

I do have a few favorite product manufacturers such as....

1) Mushkin: For their warranty and support that (I) have received from them.

2) eVGA: for their Step-up program and overall warranty based against other manufacturers.

3) nVidia: Overall best graphics products, drivers, and performance when you factor in ALL available data to date.

I do have a few soon-to-be favorite product manufacturers such as....

1) SeaSonic: A wonderful PSU so far the S12 600w ( since they have fix the earlier models ).

2) Lian Li: An absolutly wonderful pc case if they can lower the price that they cost then it would be a definite winner in my book.

I am NOT a loyalty buyer unless the manufacturer can consistantly prove themselves over the long haul otherwise I will buy what is the best proven product at the time.

Guest Dynamic

The X1900's really shine in games like COD2 and F.E.A.R at high resolutions and AA/AF on. I've been looking at reviews and articles all over the net on these new ATI cards for the last few days and i'm pretty thrilled. You can run a pair of these X1900 on your DFI boards no problem as well. Just wait for the ATI driver team to get these new cards going and you'll start seeing these cards really go. I still can't believe Nvidia is not going to release their G71 until March! I've seen an FX-60 with an X1900XTX score at 5800 on 1280x1024 res on 3dmark06 which is okay, but wonder what the crossfire would do with speeds at XTX?

Sign in to follow this