In search of the bleeding edge....again

Bull Dog

Well I'll try 0.01 more volts. This its back to 2500mhz (@1.38v) for me

Edit: trying again, one LAST time. I'm running voltages at 1.325x113% = 1.49725. Then suptract 0.02v for the undervolt, and you'll wind up with 1.477v. This is as high as I'll go. If its not stable here, I'm dropping back to 2400-2500Mhz

Edit #2: I updated the picture above to reflect the most recent voltages

cool maybe i needed 1.45 to get mine stable at 2.6ghz it was running windows at 2.7 last night at 1.4 but 3dmark06 gave me bsod.

you running at x3 on the htt multi?

I think I'm running at x4 I forgot. It HTT remains stable to speeds above 1070.

wow, is X2 really requir that less voltage than a Venice? im running 1.65V on it, load temp are 39Celc on the Big Typhoon and it primed like a charm........ i did try all the way till 1.7, but it never give any higher, altho 1.625 will not pass prime, so i'll stick with 1.65 :)

The X2 Toledo's suck a LOT more juce than the Venice's do. You have the difference of a whole lot less L2 cache (512KB vs 2MB total) and only one phisical processor. Hence dangerous temps are seen sooner than with single core products.

Update: With voltages at 1.325x113% = 1.495 -0.022 for the undervolt factor=1.475v and the processor set to 260x10, my computer hardlocked about about 4 hours of Prime, after rebooting I restarted Prime95 and Core0 failed after 55mins. :(

Now I've been hanging out on DFI street for a while and some people have commented how 270x10 was unstable for them but 300x9 was as solid as a rock. So I Swiched the voltage setting in the bios to 1.5v (again - and set the CPU at 9x289 and I've been Priming for a little over six hours now with no problems so far. Now it may be that theoretical 0.002v increase did the trick, but I doubt it, as all the voltage readings I've seen are exactly the same. Oh and I should also mention that the temperatures are also exactly the same.

Anyhow that was last night.

Now this morning I have this to show. :)

A000952.jpg