RAID running, Wiring *exposed* pics :)

Guest tytlyf_merged

Just got my other raptor yesterday and setup RAID. Since so many people also have been askin about my cabling, thought I'd show some "behind the scenes" pictures...

bench0040wl.th.jpgbench0055kb.th.jpgbench0073lu.th.jpg

Front Fan contoller *exposed* lol

bench0066zf.th.jpg

bench0085sn.th.jpgbench0090io.th.jpgbench0108zr.th.jpg

And here's my latest 32M run :D

32m31006ew.th.jpg

Hope you like....I'm happy i finally got that last hard drive in. That fan blows straight thru them and over the vidcard/z9500 :P

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime I post my case people either want to hire me to come clean theirs or wonder where the heck my cables are....this is the first time I've showed my secrets.....I could tidy up the mess there, but its not in the way and doesn't conflict with airflow...so be it.

tytlyf, great look LB case. thought you were this guy at first. your cases look very close, same 9500 HSF too, heh.

your case looks great too :) ...but lemme ask, when are you going to clean up your nibbler job with a dremel? or are you going to stick some type of edging on them to make it look finished? you got some pretty jagged edges there. on both the front and rear 120s.

i love how you did your wiring, i was just giving suggestions to ExRoadie the other day about tieing his wires along the hard edge of the case line to make it look more uniform, and BOOM! here you are doing exactly that, hehe.

great job :)

TGM

wow, that does look similar, those video cards he's got are sexy. But my wiring is cleaner :P. I bet he saw my rig a month or so ago and decided to buy the same stuff :D

As far as the edges, the front is really of no concern because I never have my hands in that area. As far as the rear, I smoothed them down with the dremel when cutting. The edges are not sharp at all. That would be a cool Idea to put a plastic edging around the rear. It would be just for looks I guess, I kinda like the "raw" look though.

Guest Dynamic

Great Job, very nicely done. So you just hid the cables behind the 5.25" bays? I guess i could work on my cabling some more....

OMG, so that's how it's done! lol. I have the exact same case, and was actually hating it during the install. Just so cramped!

BTW, how did you snake power to the rear fan? Looks like all the power cables goes into the hidden area towards the front (optical drive area).