Sign in to follow this  
Tabletop

704-2BTA and FX-60

I have had great success with the 704-2BTA BIOS. Unfortunately, it does not fully recognize the FX-60, though it is on the whole better than the 11-14 official bios.

It would be super if OCZTony could include full support for the FX-60 in his modded BIOS, but in any case, I thank him for a great BIOS.

it will not recoginse the cpu but it should run it ok. i would need a -2 version of the FX60 bios to create a new BTA bios and Oskar has moved on to new boards it seems.

I will ask but for now the 704-2bta will run the 60, just not report it correctly.

Tony,

I really appreciate the response.

I know that it borders on heresy in some quarters, but what I really miss with the FX-60 not being recognized is the ability to use Cool'n'Quiet. Particularly with a CPU like this, CNQ really cuts down on heat and electricity when the machine is overclocked but loafing.

Jim

i had major stability problems when i dropped an fx-60 into my otherwise rock-solid sli-dr system. i'm not trying it again until i've got a bios that recognizes it.

I got my FX60 today and used the official DFI Bios. I had the 623-2 on there before, to get my corsair ram working in the yellow slots, if i rember correct.

With the official bios i have to put my memory back into the orange slots to get the pc working - but thats not so good because one of the modules is pretty close to the CPU heatsink now...

Is there a bios out there ATM which recognizes the FX60 and where corsair ram can be put into the yellow ram slots ???

I have a DFI NF4 Lanparty Ultra D , and 2 x 1024 Corsair PRO Ram PC3200

(see sig)

Thanks greetings

I have had great success with the 704-2BTA BIOS. Unfortunately, it does not fully recognize the FX-60, though it is on the whole better than the 11-14 official bios.

It would be super if OCZTony could include full support for the FX-60 in his modded BIOS, but in any case, I thank him for a great BIOS.

Any more news on this ? there is a fx60 test bios out but its not to good a overclocker ...i need the cpu id in bios because i cant publish score on 3dmark

Finally found this thread.

From what it seems there a high demand for the FX-60 704-2BTA bios. I just picked up an FX-60 (haven't gotten it yet), but soon realized I need to run the FX-60 Test bios to get it run.

What bios is the FX-60 Test based on? 623-3? Reason I ask, is the 704-2BTA works 10x better with my TCCD that the 623-3, so I'd love to see a FX-60 704-2BTA. :dog:

So, if I run the Fx-60 with the 704-2BTA it just won't recognize the cpu properly, but everything else will be ok? I guess I can live with that for now.

I got my FX60 today and used the official DFI Bios. I had the 623-2 on there before, to get my corsair ram working in the yellow slots, if i rember correct.

With the official bios i have to put my memory back into the orange slots to get the pc working - but thats not so good because one of the modules is pretty close to the CPU heatsink now...

Is there a bios out there ATM which recognizes the FX60 and where corsair ram can be put into the yellow ram slots ???

I have a DFI NF4 Lanparty Ultra D , and 2 x 1024 Corsair PRO Ram PC3200

(see sig)

I have Corsair XMS 3200 and they work in the yellow slots.

I also had this FX60 official Bios. I tried to get them to work in the orange slots too because a lot of people say they work better in the orange one's. But with this Bios they didn't worked in the orange slots. This Bios is a beta, right? Everest Home showed this, too.

It took longer than normally with this FX60 Bios until the bootscreen appears.