Random Restarts, Considering New RAM

My pc has been working great most of the time, but sometimes the whole pc will randomly restart, sometimes during WoW and sometimes just while surfing the web. Happened 3 times yesterday and it happens a few times a week. So its enough of a problem to be troubleing. After it restarts windows says it recovered from a serious error and turning in the error report leads me to a microsoft page that says a faulty driver caused some instablility in my system and that I should update my drivers. I do not have any ? in device manager so Im not sure which device drivers it may be refering to. I just updated the video card drivers to 81.98 yesterday and I still had a random restart a few hours ago.

Unless the temp sensors lie, overheating is not a problem either, with the cpu staying <35C at all times, the chipset <47C and the PWMIC thing at around 37C msot of the time.

I have heard that my ram has possible issues with this board and since Its only 1GB anyway and 2GB is now needed for some games like BF2 I'm thinking ill just get 2x1GB sticks of something good, which might help fix this problem I hope. What ram would you recommend getting in the $200 range. I dont have anything OC'ed or particularly plan to OC due to the fact there always seems to be a problem even when not oced. So the Ram doesnt need to be geared towards Ocing in particular. I just want good ram that will work with this board.

you already have a sweet system. cant see that you should need 2gb RAM. your restart problem might just be a single driver fault. have you tried swapping out the ram a stick at a time? or if poss, borrow a stick of a friend for a couple days and see if you still get the same prob. isolate the problem before trying a solution that might not cure it and could cost you loads unnecessarily.

Start w/ 1 stick in. Run it for a few days and see if you get the same error. Then try the other stick.

MemTest doesn't catch EVERY error, so even if it passes MemTest there is a possibility your RAM still could be 'bad.'

Only flash your BIOS as a last resort.

I would suggest using Driver Cleaner Pro to completely remove all your drivers.

Then reinstall your chipset and graphics drivers.

Did you install the NForce drivers? If so try uninstalling them and letting windows use thier drivers. I the same problem with my second build. The only differance between the two were these drivers. I uninstalled them and it doesnt random restart anymore.

Start w/ 1 stick in. Run it for a few days and see if you get the same error. Then try the other stick.

MemTest doesn't catch EVERY error, so even if it passes MemTest there is a possibility your RAM still could be 'bad.'

Only flash your BIOS as a last resort.

I would suggest using Driver Cleaner Pro to completely remove all your drivers.

Then reinstall your chipset and graphics drivers.

What happens if I remove all of my drivers? Does the system still boot fine with windows and all the data and eveyrthing?

Also I dont fully undre stand where i get the chipset drivers from. Are they on the lanparty CD? Where would i get those from?