Sign in to follow this  
joek71

Should I get this mobo LAN PARTY UT nF3 250Gb?

Hi guys

I have a chance to get this mobo with AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Newcastle (754)

Should I get this combo? How are the overclocks on this combo? Will be using Patriot Dual Channel 1GB(512MB x 2) DDR PC-3200 w/ XBL Technology. What is the difference between this mobo and the NF3 Ultra-D(939)?

Please assist.

thanks,

joek71

well the nf3 250 wont do Dual Channel and it depends on what steeping the cpu is and if you know were you can buy a nf3 939 agp board i sure would like to know

most Newcastles or Clawhammers max out in the 2500 to 2600 range. A few have been to 2700 but not many. If you still run AGP you can't do any better than a NF3 250GB. Best board I have ever owned.

Thanks, but I own Patriot Dual Channel 1GB(512MB x 2) DDR PC-3200 w/ XBL Technology , and this mobo wont be able use that kind of mem, so what is the next BEST mem out there for it?

Thanks guys.

Guest Blooz1

You can take a look at this thread and see the O/C's people who posted have achieved, along with their feelings about it!

Your Patriot ram should work well in the 250Gb - why do you think it won't?

Differences between the two boards?

1. The 250Gb, as Molt said, is a single-channel board which uses the 754 socket CPU's, while the Ultra-D is, as you know, a 939 socket.

2. The 250Gb supports AGP video cards, while the Ultra-D is PCi-e.

3. The 250Gb is considered to be one of the best boards every made by DFI, whereas the Ultra-D can be "iffy".

4. Most important - the 250Gb is readily available, while it'll take a lot of luck to find an Ultra-D (again, as Molt pointed out!)

Look at the post from msmolt said that the nf3 250 wont do Dual Channel, as i understand correctly, if not then please correct me and explain if you dont mind.

Thanks,

J

Just because it won't do dual channel, doesn't mean the ram won't be used in single channel mode.

Just because you put 2 sticks of RAM in your board doesn't mean you will be running in dual channel mode. The nF3 250Gb will run just fine with your mem in single channel.

Guest shaolin95

Well I use to have PDP XBL and it was good but due to limited memory controller I prefer my new setup with BH5 memory a lot more. BTW, my Newcastle does up to 2806mhz on air but I realize I was just lucky.

If you are going to use 2 sticks it would be best to have a dual channel kit so that they play well together. The memory you have is great and will work just fine.. All a dual channel kit is, is two sticks of memory that have been tested together to run at rated speeds and timings. Which is what you want even if you are going to be using the 2 sticks in a single channel board.

Sign in to follow this