Overclocking causing sound card to crash PC??

Krushull

After overclocking my PC I got to a point where 3dmark 03 would crash at the sound test and cause loops. Also had issues with Bf2 doing the same thing causing the same kind of loops with a screeching sound. I figured it must have been the limit of my ram or cpu causing it but after a few days of what I figured were stable settingss it started happening at the lower speeds. So I removed the Audigy 2 Value and used the onboard sound to test it and I have been able to set it a few more mhz up with no sound issues at all so far...

Would o/c'n the HTT so far cause the PCI slot to crash the PC because of the sound card?? Anybody else had similar problems with this? :confused:

Assuming you didn't overclock the PCI bus, I'm thinking it might be a possible conflict or a driver issue, or even a defective card. Have you tried another slot? Have you set the option in the BIOS to update the resources?

havent touched the PCI bus

could be drivers I am using the beta openal ones at the moment they did increase stability with my old mobo though, i'll try the drivers you mentioned :)

the sound sure is extra crappy through the onboard :nod:

Guest laydback

Did you check for to see if it's sharing an IRQ? SBs have issues with that. I always put the sound card on the slot closest to the bottom as a rule of thumb.

works great so far :)

downloading the audigy 4 iso though as my apps dont seem to work with it :(

mine worked fine .. maybe cuse of your value card. I just uninstalled my sb drivers in device manager rebot and install. eax, thx, sound mixer alll work great.

*note - dont uninstall these apps then install pax. leave apps alone. only need to uninstall sb drivers in dm. :):)