Sign in to follow this  
Inquitus

Just beginning my AMD OC experience

Just moved from the Darkside (Intel) :O)

4400+ Toledo Core

DFI Lanparty Expert

G.Skill LE

A few OC questions, from reading the threads this is what I have come to assume.

Acceptable CPU Temps? low 50's max with 2 Prime95 Running?

Acceptable VCore? up to 1.6V as long as temps ok?

Mem timings? Force 1T and 2.5-3-3-7 works fine up to an FSB of 290 in my old intel rig, can I just leave all the other mem settings alone until I learn what they are about? so just ajust it to 1T 2.5-3-3-7 (or whatever works stable)

Thanks a mil

Inqui

Acceptable VCore? up to 1.6V as long as temps ok?

This is an estimation, but don't see it as a guarantee. OC or not is a choise and has its risks. However that's what we like!

Mem timings?

Use the "OC database", but it's still just a guideline. You've totally changed your setup so be patient and performe step by step thorough testing instead of rushing it through.

Nice system!

Welcome to AMD. As I am new myself and about 3 months and many hours of study ahead of you the best advice I can give you is follow the guide that is sticky in this forum "Other - "THE" Definitive DFI AMD Overclocking guide! (merged all the overclocking stickies into one guide!) ". I know it will seem extremely complicated at first if you look at it as a whole but just go through the guides and take it step by step. It really isn't so complicated after you get the concept down. Just a bit time consuming.

To get mine up to 250x11,2750 I have to run 1.50 /vidspc 1.09%=1.64v and loosen up the settings. I keep the same timings. But it won't run stable at all. I will keep tinkering but for now 2640 is extremely stable staying with 1.550V. I have seen 1.67v used but a max of 1.65v is what I have seen recomended.

I use the 11x and lower FSB with my 1024 sticks so other than voltage our settings won't be comprable.

The auto settings,well they work but for a good stable OC you will want to manually adjust them.

Good Luck Let us know how it goes.

i would say "yes" to your first 2 questions. as for your last question...yes and no....yes if all is fine at 1T, however, if you get some instability, drop it to 2T, until you learn more about the other mem settings.

look in the oc database for rigs that are close to yours, and if my memory serves me right, there are a few people running the X2 4400 with some g.skill ram. like yours.

good luck, and welcome to dfi-street!

OK Story so far :O)

Can get to 2.6ghz 32M Superpi stable temps Max 42C with stock cooling, and stock Vcore.

Seems pretty rock solid, but I won't have time to Prime it overnight til I go to bed.

This is accomplished most productively with an FSB (I know HT, but some of my old intel ways I cling to :-) of 290 running my G.Skill LE at 2.5-3-3-7 using the settings provided by G.Skill tech support over on the Xtremesystems forum.

So

FSB 290

Vcore Stock

VDimm 2.7 (Stock)

2.5-3-3-6 1T

Idle Temps 38C

Dual Prime temps 48C

Multi x9

HTT Multi X3

Pushing on from here is tough...I got it to boot at 2.7 and Vcore 1.5V but temps get too high for my liking. Am putting a dual rad system in the stacker I am picking up next week, so should be able to push on once I get the temps under control.

Very impressed with both the board and the chip, and most of all the quality of the knowledge stored on this site.

How does upping the chipset Volts etc affect stability?

Thanks,

Inqui

Everything I have read indicates little advantage to raising the chipset voltage many raise it just in case it helps though there is no hard evidence, IE controlled testing proving it helps. I ran it up a bit to 1.30v for the same reasons and have had no ill effect.

Is that 4400 LE memory? Here is a link (Same hardware) related to tweaking it,might be relative. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=4...&highlight=4400