Sign in to follow this  
Clunk

Need a good fan controller

hi,

can anyone suggest a good fan controller. i searched everywhere and ended up with an aerocool gatewatch and it is crap!. the most annying thing about the gatewatch is that it wont let you directly control the fans without pressing set 3 times, then set again.....then the fan starts to slow down...very very slowly. it also sets the wrong speeds for the fans. ive got 4 identical 120mm fans and it will only let one go to 1700rpm min, one go to 1500rpm, one to 1200 and one to 1000. pointless!

i want to control 4 120mm fans, from silent to max.

it needs to be aluminium or silver in colour.

it has to be 5.25 bay size. or 2x5.25.

added features that would be nice but not essential are buttons instead of knobs, a display.

thats it really.

Sunbeam fan controller goes from 0-12v. Supports 4 fans, but I've put 2 on one knob and it's let them both go full speed when I turn the knob up.

You can make the lights go blue/red at 0-6.9v/7-12v, or just remove them without anything moire than pulling them out, and they go right back in.

The downside is that it's black with bright lights, but for about $10, I challenge you to find better. :)

thanks for that :)

i was looking at those the other day, but they really wouldnt go with my case, even in silver. but thanks!

any others?

unfortunately the coolermaster one has a plastic front and would stick out like a sore thumb on this case, but thanks.

any others?