DFI EXPERT Problem!!!!

i'm a 38yr old user of dfi and i must say in all fairness i'm glad that this website is here to help people, but with that said i am also a bit shocked at the amount of problems this board has. i have been building my own pc's since the 286's and cant remember a board that i,ve had so many problems with. for the most part i don't believe you should have to buy a dell or gateway to have your pc be at least half way reliable right out of the gate. i've read post after post of people with the best parts available still having problems with this board. maybe at the dfi website they should say something about memory issues with this board. it clearly says pc3200 memory works, but we all know that simply is not the TRUTH with this board. when people like me went to buy parts i just bought pc3200 memory not top of the line memory that is needed to run this board. i dont believe it is false advertising just wrong advertising. Rgone and angry game at the least deserve our respect for being here for us, they didn't make the board, they are here to help. thank you for letting me speak on this and good luck.

I would like to thank verncat05 for his support and all others for their opinion as well. English is not my mother language but verncat05 said exactly what i wanted to say. I still believe that i pay to get something that at least can get me into the bios.

As i said before i tried most of the things that people said like starting with a minimal build so that i can get it up and running but with no luck. I also tried with one memory stick, with a clear CMOS and nothing. Its the first time that i see so many people having so many problems with this board.

Another thing is that i didnt buy the board as soon as it came out, i just waited for some time to mature and got it a week ago. Unfortunately here i am.

Its the first time that i see so many people having so many problems with this board.

You think that might be because this is a support forum where pretty much only problems are displayed?

Hope the RMA goes through with no problems. Good luck.

Yes, I was trying to help. I am not bitter at all about having a bad experience with the Expert board. I do understand that buying the newest of the new sometimes brings on extra work. My way of helping him was to say that: #1 I had the same issues he is having. RMA'ing the board was the only thing that solved it. 1 stick didn't, stripping the board bare of all other components didn't either. #2 By not just telling him the reason it isn't working is because he must be doing something wrong.

I agree with the advice that he should take all of his components out and see what happens, hopefully isolate the issue and add them back in, one by one. But come on, should that really be necessary? No, it shouldn't. Telling people that had problems with the board to get a f***ing dell or gateway is the worst thing that this "support" forum could ever do. This board has issues (for some users). This is a statement of fact, not opinion. What is wrong with letting him know that the fault might, just might, lie with the Expert and not the rest of his hardware? The only problem I see with that is offending people who are DFI employees or stock holders. If that offends them, then I am truly sorry, but I will not appologize for it. I will not get a dell or a gateway, either. I like what I have, I just didn't like the instability of the Expert when I had it.

edit: Yes, this is a support forum, so mostly problems get reported, with this I agree. There is an ongoing poll at another suport forum, one that some of the users here bash, but the numbers don't lie. 20% of the users polled who owned the Expert had problems with their Expert. 20%! I voted in that poll too early, it took my board a week to have it's issues. There were several of the "I wish I could change my vote because my board has just failed" posts. Add those in and the numbers are very, very concerning. Has DFI since corrected these stability issues, it is very possible. But still, numbers don't lie.

Shawn

Offtopic, where in Ames, technovandan? My parents live just north of Story City.

If you followed the build guide exactly and can't get into bios then rma the board.I wish everyone would follow that guide and understand there is good reason to have it.After seeing 1000s of posts here, most problems are caused by user or other hardware.These boards are pickey they don't like value components and you must understand memory timings and bios and be able to adjust where needed.They are just too much for some people to deal with. Maybe I was lucky as I research the board and bought right components and have had no problems.Are some boards bad sure as with anything else but I.m willing to bet 90% of boards rma'd are good working boards. These boards are just not for everyone. Good luck on your rma or with another board if you so choose.PS you can find sticker on one of the pci slots for ser# or on box .

Ok i was together with AragornCY when he build his system and i can notice that the board without any hardware (except CPU,VGA and one stick of memory)reaches DFI Expert start screen and freezzing right there.Wasn't posssible to enter the BIOS.When we swap the board with his SLI-DR the system worked like charm.

We connected all power connectors according with the manual.

p.s.I will add also that when i switched off the system can't be switched on at least 4-5 minutes.

I suppose this forum is for helping users not blaming them

p.s.I will add also that when i switched off the system can't be switched on at least 4-5 minutes.

Ignore my post count, im a newb big time, but i think i remember seeing a line like the one above when discussing psu problems.