Upgrading to 4 modules of RAM??

Krushull

I want to upgrade my 2x Twinx 512 to 4x Twinx 512's but I'm reading alot of issues with running 4 modules. Having to run at 333 can you still crank the FSB to get the speeds back up or is that limited with 4 modules?

Would I be better off getting 2x 1gb sticks or doesnt it matter really overall?

The two respondents (StephenC and Cyberparasite) to your post are two of the better 'helpers' in the forums and you need to listen to what they have said. They have been here nearly the full year of the NF4 DFI platform and are in here day in and day out and have their hands and minds on the pulse of what IS happening. I seldom if ever see any recommendation they make that is not the most logical one in the long run for best overall system performance.

RGone...

anyway I can confirm this before I blow a tonne of cash on more RAM? :shake:

4x modules in this board is not easy. Read the portion about it in the manual- something about the memory controller on my AMD X2 4200+ not only forces it to 2T but also knocks down the DDR clock speed :(. I've tried like hell to force the clock speed back up, but it only works sometimes. Not stable at all.

• 2 months later...

I have the exact problem !!!

But mine is bigger because I already purchased 4 sticks and DFI NF4 Ultra-D board.

I'm crying over here ... this is a big dissapointment ... 4 memory slots but I can use only 2 of them.

BIG WASTE

I have the exact problem !!!

But mine is bigger because I already purchased 4 sticks and DFI NF4 Ultra-D board.

I'm crying over here ... this is a big dissapointment ... 4 memory slots but I can use only 2 of them.

BIG WASTE

No it's not a big waste, it's a standard issue with all boards. Besides Windows can only read 2gb and no more which is a Big Waste. I'm sure in the future when more memory is needed too run everything the DFI boards will work all the memory slots and windows will recognise more than 2gb. There's more to the LanParty boards then the memory slots. It's called OVERCLOCKING which these boards are designed for. I know the 512's are cheaper but research is the biggest thing about buying new parts for computers.