SLI - DR: Mem slots 3 & 4 cause no-post and tech support issues

Long story short...

I had a Vapochill XE, as like an idiot I put di-electric grease in the CPU socket. In the end I end up frying an FX-55 and it takes out mem slots 3 & 4. So I RMA the board fill out the info on the rma sheet saying that 3 & 4 cause the motherboard to no-post. They send it back saying the socket is too dirty to test the board. If they had told me before they sent it back I would have just paid to put a new socket in, but it comes back and clean it up myself. That fine with me, I talk to them about it and am very happy that they offer to pay for shipping back. I send it back they clean it a liittle more, test it and tell me that they motherboard is fine as long as I don't put mem in slots 3 & 4. I now have the motherboard in my possesion and it still doesn't work. I have been without my PC now for month.

This might not even be the place to post this, but all I want is my pc to work and right now I've had it with the tech support. Can someone here talk to the guys in Sac, CA and get them to actually FIX it next time I send it in?

Thanks.

Long story short...

I had a Vapochill XE, as like an idiot I put di-electric grease in the CPU socket. In the end I end up frying an FX-55 and it takes out mem slots 3 & 4. So I RMA the board fill out the info on the rma sheet saying that 3 & 4 cause the motherboard to no-post. They send it back saying the socket is too dirty to test the board. If they had told me before they sent it back I would have just paid to put a new socket in, but it comes back and clean it up myself. That fine with me, I talk to them about it and am very happy that they offer to pay for shipping back. I send it back they clean it a liittle more, test it and tell me that they motherboard is fine as long as I don't put mem in slots 3 & 4. I now have the motherboard in my possesion and it still doesn't work. I have been without my PC now for month.

This might not even be the place to post this, but all I want is my pc to work and right now I've had it with the tech support. Can someone here talk to the guys in Sac, CA and get them to actually FIX it next time I send it in?

Thanks.

Board is probably damaged beyond repair.

Board is probably damaged beyond repair. Di-electric grease in the CPU socket?

Yeah, in the socket, was the stupidest thing I could have done.

Beyond reapair? That sux. Wouldn't they tell me though?

For got to mention that when I got it back the first time there were two arrows on the board pointing to resistors. I don't know what that means.

Yeah, in the socket, was the stupidest thing I could have done.

Beyond reapair? That sux. Wouldn't they tell me though?

For got to mention that when I got it back the first time there were two arrows on the board pointing to resistors. I don't know what that means.

Most likely that those resistors are blown...

You could test them out with a DMM.