Should ACPI be turned on or off?

Hi guys

I would like to know your opinion about the ACPI option should it be turned on or off? I am atteching a pic of my IRQ's if that will help here. ANd the ACPI under my compter is set as Uniproccessor, is this correct? I am attaching also a pic of it.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

In win-xp-2000 I'd say yes leave it on. That gives your devices more irq addresses less sharing fewer conflicts.(Better memory bandwidth too.) If I turn mine off my mechine won't boot(Til' I turn it back on) unless I reinstall xp w/it turned off. Then when I turn it back on memory bandwidth seems less and it never reassigns the empty irq addresses. Some poeple report better overclocking.(Okay I believe that but for raw fsb I use 98se new trick I jus' discovered (It doesn't use apic still if you turn apic off when it installed w/apic on the result are not good though)

My best advice is leave them both on.

You might wish to read up on ACPI in the "Hal's Explained" thread by "Shinobi" http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20000

You may want change apci uniprocessor to " Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC " But it's best to do a clean install for that.

The apic in the bios enables extra device irq's less sharing fewer conflicts. Better stability for the most part.Better memory bandwidth too. Besides if I turn mine off,(apic) my computer (XP)won't boot .(Til' I turn it back on).Or reinstall w/it turned off. Poeple report better overclocking w/it off but some poeple report device troubles w/it off too. I just leave mine on.

If I want raw fsb I use win98se.(It doesn't use apic.) Still turning it off when 98was installed w/it on seems to resign some irqs and 98 tries to find stuff thats moved device troubles.Heh. I hope that helps some. I'm sure theres a thread around here that'll explain that better too. I'm jus' an overcluckin' putt's myself.