Nvidia chipset drivers - what to install?

Hi

Just to add fuel to the fire so to speak.

I am using the 6.70 Nvidia drivers, i did not install the firewall or the IDE drivers and am using BOTH RAID and a single SATA drive with the NVidia drivers (Via F6) all with no problems at all.

I have had no problems at all using the NVidia LAN either.

It's not that most people have issues with the drivers - in fact most people don't (like you). The fact that so many people do have issues (even tho it may be only a relatively small percentage) makes me recommend to not use the 1)IDE drivers 2) the NAM drivers and 3) LAN drivers just to be on the safe side. I haven't heard of any issues with the RAID drivers, in fact you need them if running RAID with this chipset. The LAN driver issue imay not be as common as eg the IDE driver issue, which seems to be common among all nForce (1,2,3,4) chipsets, also they will not cause instability - they just might not work.

But let's not hijack this thread by getting into this kind of discussion - rather start a new thread.

Just to add to the confusion, I'm using the nVidia IDE drivers and the onboard nVidia LAN...Additionally, I've built 2 identical rigs (my sig) within the last month and 1/2 also using the nVidia IDE drivers and the onboard nVidia LAN without ANY problems...

Prior to my initial build (mid november 05), after reading countless (hundreds) posts to these forums, I gathered that the nVidia LAN was supposedly faster than the Marvell and that the nVidia IDE drivers were safe to use so I gave it a shot...I have no regrets...Smooth installations and fast, rock solid systems...

I dunno why there would be any confusion... The drivers work for some, for others they don't. To be on the safe side, don't use them. If you want to take a gamble, give 'em a shot - once they work they rock. That's about as simple as it gets. ;)

What do you mean "I dunno why there would be any confusion"?...Why do the drivers work for some and not others?...That's precisely where the confusion lies...

Ever since my initial build and researching these forums, I've been fascinated by the fact that there are so freaking many variables that go into a setting up this motherboard...Problems with the IDE drivers and questions concerning the onboard LAN(s) are just the beginning...There's a myriad of others as these forums can attest to...Let's face it, for some this board is a flipping BEAST...I personally love it however, to say that you "dunno why there would be any confusion." associated with this board...Now that's down right confusing!...

Are we talking about the board or about the drivers now? You may be confused, I am however not: On the driver level nVidia has a lot they need to work on, that has nothing to do with this particular board.

And let's keep this discussion academic ok? Meaning, no hype and not getting personal. Your input is appreciated but your last post had no positive, factual information. I'm not debating whether "some people love this flipping beast" and why they do or dont.