Sign in to follow this  
sholiz34

! I Did My Mod! !

Well people, I tried to cut a window, and I must say. It isn't as easy as it looks. But I'm pleased with the finsihed product. The crap hole saw blade wouldn't stay on tight and was loose so the edges kinda got messed up. But otherwise, I'm satisfied, I might try to put a 92mm fan blowing over the video card in the lower right corner but I need to get it wired since I took it out from a old PSU. But below is the pics ... (wiring sucks, but it's my first computer besides a notebook - give me time! :P and an airbrush and some flake blue paint .. hehe ..)

:bah:

Now that youve got that window, you might wanna look into some round ide cables and power cable sleeving. :blink: What a mess!

Well people, I tried to cut a window, and I must say. It isn't as easy as it looks. But I'm pleased with the finsihed product. The crap hole saw blade wouldn't stay on tight and was loose so the edges kinda got messed up. But otherwise, I'm satisfied, I might try to put a 92mm fan blowing over the video card in the lower right corner but I need to get it wired since I took it out from a old PSU. But below is the pics ... (wiring sucks, but it's my first computer besides a notebook - give me time! :P and an airbrush and some flake blue paint .. hehe ..)

:bah:

pretty good for doing it yourself, did you use a window kit?

I was just wondering, though...i figured you'd customize the window, but since you just did the run-of-the-mill side window, what made you decide to do it yourself, rather than just buy one pre-made?

Looks nice. but I got one question, what is the part of the mod you have never seen before?

Hey ya know what you need now? You need a light CCFL or neon light or maybe some luminesent paint so you can paint all the tops of the resistors and stuff, then put a black light in there that looks sweet I did a pc for a guy like that.

Nice work now I would suggest cleaning the wiring and purchasing some rounded cables and you may also want to remove that grill on your HS fan, Ive heard alot of people getting 2-4oC less when that is removed. Its worth a try <_<

Okay, I'm going to sum it all up in one ... (I hope)

1: Rounded IDE cables may or may not be in the picture depending on a new mobo with SATA ect ... Sleeving will come when this phase of the operation is complete :P

2: Something I haven't seen are the rivets I used. I thought it would give it a nice - clean look vs. screws that I couldn't find :angry:

3: It wasn't a window kit. I just basicly took and went and bought a piece of plexiglass and took some hole saws, cut the holes and cut between the holes.

4: Cold Cathodes will be put in, I'm thinking of blue? And I'm going to have U.V. reactive cables so it'll be all good

5: Cleaning it up, I had it pretty clean until I installed my video card and new heatsink that it just became a total and complete mess. *Looks up* Someday ...

:) Thanks for the postive feedback, since it's my first mod I figured I'd do a major crap up or something but it turned out nice. Even though I'm looking into a Lian-Li case for the front to do some serious modding. I got lots of ideas but no money or time! Let alone the tools! My dad dosen't really like me using all his stuff all the time ;)

2: Something I haven't seen are the rivets I used. I thought it would give it a nice - clean look vs. screws that I couldn't find :angry:

rivets? from the picture, it seems there's screws to me. what rivets?