OCZ Tony E704-2BT

I was thinking of trying this BIOS out but, could not find too many people using it, or many discussions about it. Anyone have any luck with it? Find any new stability?

Hey Nitemareglitch,

I have the same exact question as I also have the nf4 SLI-DR Expert mobo. I have had the board for about a month now and with the TCCD modules I am currently using the official BIOS version (12/07/05) is working fine. Well my new Mushkin XP4000 Redline BH-5 modules just got delivered from UPS!!! With that said I had been looking for a BIOS version that was more optimized for high voltage RAM instead of just a good all around BIOS version like the official (12/07/05) from DFI.

A friend of mine from guru3d.com who also has an Expert and a pair of UTT/BH-5 modules has been using this same BIOS version and has recommended to me to use over the official DFI version. I don't know any more than that at the moment except where to find it to download (Just ask if you need it)!

Since this BIOS only got recommended to me earlier today I havn't had much time to research it. Has anyone used this BIOS version with their Expert and if so how did it work for you? Are there any specific important issues or specific problems that should be noted? If there is any other information that is relevent please let up know about it? Thank you guys in advance for helping out, in the meantime I will continue searching for this info myself.

they run great on my board just make sure you use the 704-2bta bios.

Do you realize that you just suggested a bios for a board that it is not compatible with?

You CANNOT use the vanilla 704-2BTA bios on the eXpert board it will screw it up.

Tmod

Do you realize that you just suggested a bios for a board that it is not compatible with?

You CANNOT use the vanilla 704-2BTA bios on the eXpert board it will screw it up.

Tmod

I said they run great on my board and if you read the bios note they are suppost to work on all nf4 boards.

I am pretty sure that is not the case Brandon_34, the Expert uses a different version of that modded BIOS called E704-2BT which is especially for the expert. I only know this becasue I have recently researched different BIOS versions for the Expert. Although it may work fine for you many use the specific E704-2BT for the Expert. If you ever get any problems try this BIOS instead because it may work better for your board (As alwasy I could be wrong), lol!

and if you read the bios note they are suppost to work on all nf4 boards.

Gettin a little cocky here aren't we?

I think you need to read the difference between the vanilla NF4 boards and the eXpert and the bios's that they use.

Or better yet just flash your board with the E704-2BT and discover you are wrong as your board won't start.

Tmod

I loaded this bios earlier today, and yeah. So far I like it, have not had much time to poke around, but, its seems to be a little more stable than previous. My DDR default spds pre-set were right on. I am currently running OCCT a couple of times before starting my prime run for tonight.

Hey Guys,

Well finally got BIOS version E704-2BT loaded on my Expert using Tmods CD, what a great job Tmod, thanks! Since I was able to load that BIOS I was able to install my new Mushkin BH-5 Redlines. I just barely got them installed so I have to go and do some major testing at stock speeds. It was weird becasue I have always used TCCD RAM so when I install this Mushkin RAM I was very hesitant to put the voltage up to where it is supposed to be! Thanks for all your help guys.

Hey Nitemareglitch,

I am not familar with your current RAM, is it high voltage BH-5/UTT/CH-5/etc... or is it TCCD/TCC5/etc...? I am curious because I am trying like crazy to figure out if any other BIOS versions besides the one I'm using (E704-2BT) will work with BH-5/UTT/etc.. RAM since that is the RAM I'm currently using? I have been having some minor issues since I flashed to this version so I want to try another one to figure out if the BIOS is the problem or if it's something else? Thanks!