nF3 250Gb Dedicated Thread.

NF3 chip and 6800 GT/Ultra Video Cards. Freezing in some games and 3D Mark 03/? What is your overclock speed ?

not just the X9 bug? what is the X9 bug ?

Centon 3200LL Advanced (TCCD) I know travis loves these but really 2 x 512 (200MHz 1.5-2-2-00, 1T) I can see all kinds ofFreezing in some games and 3D Mark 03 and bugs here .whats the rest of your timmings

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im gonna say i have had pretty bad experiences with this board, but im going to put some of it down to the fact that its my first build heres whats went wrong in the year and half ive owned it.

512 crucual ballistix died

i got the exact same 512mb crucial ram again

maxtor 80gb + western digital raptor 10k both die

upgrade to master 200gb

upgrade to XFX 6800 ultra agp, all offical nvidia drivers dont play games correctly, in order to play games good i had to uninstall something named GART that came with my mobo drivers.

purchase 1gb crucial ballistix to find out motherboard cant support a 1gb and 512 stick. so had to sell 512mb

but i gotta say thank god dfi have this forum most of the problems i got into i got solved here :)

NF3 chip and 6800 GT/Ultra Video Cards. Freezing in some games and 3D Mark 03/? What is your overclock speed ?

not just the X9 bug? what is the X9 bug ?

9x bug affected some of us early users with certain cpu's possibly certain ram (TCCD based w/Brain Power boards was a conjecture) memtests fine at 10x and 8x multi but no go w/o errors on the 9x.

Nv 6800's in different flavors seem to be problematic in some cases mine works just fine but many have had issues.

Mine has been solid as can be except for the 9x issue.

NF3 250Gb chipsets in General, and 6800 GT and Ultra nothing but fubar'd here for me. They all work great as long as you run the older 6xxx series drivers......great benchies, great oc, but as soon as I go to the7xxx series drivers.......big hits in benchie speeds........bad........switched to the xt850 and problems solved. This happens in both my Shuttle XPC system on the same chipeset, as my NF3 DFI board. My BFG 6800 UltraOC now runs great on a via chipset now, as did my Evga 6800GT. Its been a few months since i tried to play with that combo....would love to see if new drivers fix the issues..........might try the shuttle combo again.........6800GT anyways...

Luckily, I was one that didn't have problems with my 6800GT playing nice with the nF3 Chipset. Some things you guys should try to get your nVidia cards stable are newer chipset drivers. The 5.10 Officials, are now over 1 year old. The drivers I'm using right now are either the 6.53 Remix drivers from Guru3d.com or the 8.22 Remix drivers from Guru3d.com. Both work very well for me, except the IDE Driver in the 8.22's gave me BSOD upon reboot after installing. Both are beta drivers, but they are both are just a compilation of what seemed to be the most stable and best performance drivers from nVidia.

Here's a link to the thread about the 8.22 Remix's (also a download link on page 1).

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=161925

wow this has turned into 'I love my board',I do too but we need a sticky for beginners, like the newer boards get is all.

I still have my Jess1313 bh5 bios settings printed out but why should a noob have to look for it? It should be on DFI street-shouldn't it?

Some things are best left to the user to figure out. Once the NF3 250GB guide is done there will be settings for the types of RAM that have been tested but they will be safe settings.. What good does it do to buy a LanParty if you are only going to use someone else settings. Experimentation and dedication is the best approach.

how about an Angry tutorial video on how to build the NF3 250Gb (and then you can watch the "Tweak" video stuck to the top of the NF4 section as it is the same for Intel, NF2, NF3, NF4 basically)

?

beyond that, the Overclocking Database section IS YOUR FRIEND!

how about an Angry tutorial video on how to build the NF3 250Gb (and then you can watch the "Tweak" video stuck to the top of the NF4 section as it is the same for Intel, NF2, NF3, NF4 basically)

?

beyond that, the Overclocking Database section IS YOUR FRIEND!

wouldent that be somthing